"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A really good read on Russia's current internal predicament:

That's just someone's imagination.

You can be sure that Ukraine will not step foot on Russian soil - their goal is to expel the Russian invaders from their homeland, nothing more.
Actually, the stepping is done on the regular basis, - by the special forces and GUR (military intelligence). There is no interest in occupying any of RF territory, of course. But there are many legitimate targets just across the border.

Bottom of that article…..

veth SEPTEMBER 10, 2022 AT 5:47 PM Unconfirmed; Kremlin blocked by trucks.

I can't see any reports of this.

Nice. A new forward airbase for the UAF from which to support the liberation of Mariupol!

The "DNR" sees the writing on the wall.

Last edited:
KYIV/HRAKOVE, Ukraine, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Moscow abandoned its main bastion in northeastern Ukraine on Saturday, in a sudden collapse of one of the war's principal front lines after surging Ukrainian forces threatened to encircle the area in a shock advance.

The swift fall of Izium in Kharkiv province was Moscow's worst defeat since its troops were forced back from the capital Kyiv in March, and could prove a decisive turning point in the six-month-old war, with thousands of Russian soldiers abandoning ammunition stockpiles and equipment as they fled.

The state-run TASS news agency quoted Russia's defence ministry as saying it had ordered troops to leave the vicinity to reinforce operations elsewhere in neighbouring Donetsk.

[...]

Ukrainian officials stopped short of confirming they had recaptured Izium, but President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's chief of staff, Andriy Yermak, posted a photo of troops on its outskirts. Earlier, he tweeted an emoji of grapes. The city's name means "raisin".

The Russian withdrawal announcement came hours after Ukrainian troops captured the city of Kupiansk farther north, the sole railway hub supplying Russia's entire frontline across northeastern Ukraine. That left thousands of Russian troops abruptly cut off from supplies across a stretch of front that has seen some of the most intense battles of the war.

ETA: The loss of ammunition stockpiles (presumably artillery shells?) could perhaps put a dent in the Russian tactics of ploughing up an area with arty and then advancing to take ground. And if small-arms ammo is in there instead, just as good, because a soldier out of ammo is a target and not a threat.

Last edited:
If that is really true, and was designed that way from the start, those Ukrainians are really brilliant. They deserve to join NATO and teach us.

Especially as UAF had to place a division sized force (25-30,000 men), with all its tanks, artillery, trucks, ammunition and food right on the border where any Russia drone or recon asset would spot it.

Especially as UAF had to place a division sized force (25-30,000 men), with all its tanks, artillery, trucks, ammunition and food right on the border where any Russia drone or recon asset would spot it.

And at the same time kept what should have been an obvious buildup in the north under wraps until it was all over but the shouting. Not only assault forces but reserves and supplies had to be kept hidden from recon.

Looking back over my posts this last month, it's clear that I too fell for it, so I'm not on any high-horse. Brilliant misdirection. I hope the story behind this comes out soon. It may not have been on the scale of Fortitude, but taking reports at face-value, this Ukrainian offensive seems to be at least as successful in terms of misdirection.

ETA: The fact that they had sufficient forces to mount a strong decoy should be setting off warning bells in the Kremlin. It implies that they could spare an entire division from what is certainly a crucial offensive -- and that implies that they're stronger than the Kremlin knows.

And at the same time kept what should have been an obvious buildup in the north under wraps until it was all over but the shouting. Not only assault forces but reserves and supplies had to be kept hidden from recon.

Looking back over my posts this last month, it's clear that I too fell for it, so I'm not on any high-horse. Brilliant misdirection. I hope the story behind this comes out soon. It may not have been on the scale of Fortitude, but taking reports at face-value, this Ukrainian offensive seems to be at least as successful in terms of misdirection.

ETA: The fact that they had sufficient forces to mount a strong decoy should be setting off warning bells in the Kremlin. It implies that they could spare an entire division from what is certainly a crucial offensive -- and that implies that they're stronger than the Kremlin knows.
GrauGeist and I saw it coming.

Clearly the Ukraine offensive has taken Russia by surprise.
This is what surprises me the most. Russia has (in theory) one huge advantage and that is a large, comprehensive satellite system. In theory they should have been able to spot any build-up of this size. How on earth did they miss it.

GrauGeist and I saw it coming.

Screw you and your "I told you so"!
7rwCIOM.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back