"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The final nail in the coffin for Rusia as a weapons exporter? Isn't nice to grab your customers hardware for own use.
I remember during the Falklands when every Sea Harrier we had was sent south. However, some were building for India, and they sent people to check that there wasn't a sudden increase in the speed of their build. They were concerned that the RN might 'borrow' them

I found it interesting that a number of the Russian reports comment on the superior and more numeric Ukraine armoured units. Then I came across this report stating that the Ukraine Army have captured their first T62 tanks. It looks as if the stories of the appalling state of the Russian reserves are true and its starting to bite

Re: T62

To be fair America did that as well in WWII. P-400 springs to mind immediately. UK as well in WWI with that Chilean (?) battleship. I think it was the HMS Agincourt?

ETA: Not Chilean, Brazilian, then sold to Turks, then seized by England.
Well USA was at war then, not in a special military operation. ;)

But yes, the situation is dire for Rusia and that is going beyond the bottom of the barrel.

Interesting bit of info.

Per US COMINT:

The Chechen Commander in the Kherson has requested permission from fearless leader Kadyrov to "leave the current combat area".

The Chechens have also reported that they can no longer move about in the rear area in units as small as squad/fire team size, due to fears of being attacked by the Russian troops. Apparently, a significant portion of the Chechens job in the area has been to catch and in some cases kill Russian troops abandoning their positions. One such recent incident resulted in the death of a Russian commander well liked liked by his men. The subsequent red-on-red firefight resulted in 4 dead Chechens and an unknown number of wounded.

NOTE that the source for the above is usually accurate.

Last edited:
The final nail in the coffin for Rusia as a weapons exporter? Isn't nice to grab your customers hardware for own use.
That's what Britain did before WW1, seizing battleships sold to Turkey and Chile that ultimately became HMS Agincourt, Erin and Canada. The latter was returned to Chile with compensation, but the first two infuriated Turkey, further pushing them closer to Germany. Such seizures and the scandals around IJNS Kongo, along with Britain's post-WW1 economic and industrial collapse, significantly damaged Britain as an exporter of larger, new-built warships. Russia is about to experience this decline of export military sales at a far greater scale.
UK as well in WWI with that Chilean (?) battleship. I think it was the HMS Agincourt?
Just saw your post on the same subject. HMS Eagle was also taken from Chile, but again Britain paid fair value as compensation. I doubt anyone is going to want Rubles in place of their seized Russian tanks.

That's what Britain did before WW1, seizing battleships sold to Turkey and Chile that ultimately became HMS Agincourt, Erin and Canada.
Nowadays there are even much more arms sellers, specially for not ultrahigh tech hardware, so the decline will be hard.

South Korea, Israel, Turkey, Australia,... all them can sell arms sustitutive for russian weapons and more reliable (or not proven crap at least).

Russia is about to experience this decline of export military sales at a far greater scale.

I doubt anyone is going to want Rubles in place of their seized Russian tanks.
Totally agree.

Nowadays there are even much more arms sellers, specially for not ultrahigh tech hardware, so the decline will be hard.
China is the winner here. Every African, Middle East and Asian tinpot despot will turn to Beijing in place of Moscow for tanks and other weapons. Likely with China's political tentacles well established as well. Look at Kazakhstan, where they've essentially got a free pass to kick Russian influence out of the country because Beijing will protect them.

Interesting bit of info.

Per US COMINT:

The Chechen Commander in the Kherson has requested permission from fearless leader Kadyrov to "leave the current combat area".

The Chechens have also reported that they can no longer move about in the rear area in units as small as squad/fire team size, due to fears of being attacked by the Russian troops. Apparently, a significant portion of the Chechens job in the area has been used to catch and in some cases kill Russian troops abandoning their positions. One such recent incident resulted in the death of a Russian commander well liked liked by his men. The subsequent red-on-red firefight resulted in 4 dead Chechens and an unknown number of wounded.

NOTE that the source for the above is usually accurate.

Many thanks for that fascinating insight. Kadyrov does come across as a REALLY nasty piece of work. He just wants to fight and doesn't care who he's fighting. Thus there is some sense in his Chechen forces being used as backstops to prevent the front line retreating....and, naturally, those in the front line really, REALLY HATE that kind of thing. It's one thing to be killed by the enemy. It's another thing entirely to have no tactical freedom to withdraw because you'll be killed by your own side. That's a death-knell for morale.

That said, if Russian forces are killing each other, then it's saving some Ukrainian bullets and shells.

Pesky Peskov, the Baghdad Bob of the Ukraine war, is at it again:

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov has told the BBC that Russia will retake areas of Ukraine that it is currently retreating from.

Speaking during a call with journalists, Peskov said the territories "will be with Russia forever, they will be returned".

Just how delusional are these people? If Russia can't hold on to its gains with the forces it has today, how are 300K untrained and unfit conscripts going to turn the tide of the war?

I've yet to find details, but there's reporting of Ukrainian advances continuing towards Kherson while, in the north, Ukrainian forces have recaptured territory within the Luhansk region.

1664970821530.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back