"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Zelenskyy is a superlative politician, global spokesman, leader of his people and procurer for Ukraine's military, but he's no general. When this is over I hope CinC AFU General Valerii Zaluzhnyi gets some credit. It's what Zaluzhnyi is up to that should worry the Russians.

Zaluzhnyi is already recognized as the military architect of Ukraine's successes. But it's worth noting that Zelensky appointed him as CinC, promoting him ahead of several other more senior officers who were available. Zelensky wanted someone who wasn't bogged down in a dogmatic approach to campaigning and Zaluzhnyi has more than fulfilled the trust placed in him by Zelensky. It's been a great example of political-military integration and unity of effort.

Zaluzhnyi is already recognized as the military architect of Ukraine's successes. But it's worth noting that Zelensky appointed him as CinC, promoting him ahead of several other more senior officers who were available. Zelensky wanted someone who wasn't bogged down in a dogmatic approach to campaigning and Zaluzhnyi has more than fulfilled the trust placed in him by Zelensky. It's been a great example of political-military integration and unity of effort.
blody well said...

For the people within the 4 annexed regions of Ukraine, welcome to the "freedoms" of Russia:

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin declared martial law Wednesday in the four regions of Ukraine that Moscow annexed and gave additional emergency powers to the heads of all regions of Russia.

Putin didn't immediately spell out the steps that would be taken under martial law, but said his order was effective starting Thursday. His decree gives law enforcement agencies three days to submit specific proposals and orders the creation of territorial defense forces in the four annexed regions.

"We are working to solve very difficult large-scale tasks to ensure Russia's security and safe future, to protect our people," Putin said in televised remarks at the start of a Security Council meeting. "Those who are on the frontlines or undergoing training at firing ranges and training centers should feel our support and know that they have our big, great country and unified people behind their back."

The upper house of Russia's parliament was set to quickly seal Putin's decision to impose martial law in the annexed Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia regions. Draft legislation indicates it may involve restrictions on travel and public gatherings, tighter censorship and broader authority for law enforcement agencies.

Putin also didn't provide details of the extra powers the heads of Russian regions will have under his decree.

In a signal his moves could have broad restrictions for people living in Russia, his decree states that the types of measures envisaged by martial law could be introduced in Russia.

The Russian leader also ordered the establishment of a Coordination Committee to increase interactions between government agencies in dealing with the fighting in Ukraine that he continued to call a "special military operation."

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Putin's order doesn't anticipate the closure of Russia's borders, state news agency RIA-Novosti reported.

Of course, the rest of the world fully recognizes that nations only declare martial law when everything's "going to plan." Was that churlish of me? :)

For the people within the 4 annexed regions of Ukraine, welcome to the "freedoms" of Russia:

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin declared martial law Wednesday in the four regions of Ukraine that Moscow annexed and gave additional emergency powers to the heads of all regions of Russia.

Putin didn't immediately spell out the steps that would be taken under martial law, but said his order was effective starting Thursday. His decree gives law enforcement agencies three days to submit specific proposals and orders the creation of territorial defense forces in the four annexed regions.

"We are working to solve very difficult large-scale tasks to ensure Russia's security and safe future, to protect our people," Putin said in televised remarks at the start of a Security Council meeting. "Those who are on the frontlines or undergoing training at firing ranges and training centers should feel our support and know that they have our big, great country and unified people behind their back."

The upper house of Russia's parliament was set to quickly seal Putin's decision to impose martial law in the annexed Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia regions. Draft legislation indicates it may involve restrictions on travel and public gatherings, tighter censorship and broader authority for law enforcement agencies.

Putin also didn't provide details of the extra powers the heads of Russian regions will have under his decree.

In a signal his moves could have broad restrictions for people living in Russia, his decree states that the types of measures envisaged by martial law could be introduced in Russia.

The Russian leader also ordered the establishment of a Coordination Committee to increase interactions between government agencies in dealing with the fighting in Ukraine that he continued to call a "special military operation."

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Putin's order doesn't anticipate the closure of Russia's borders, state news agency RIA-Novosti reported.

Of course, the rest of the world fully recognizes that nations only declare martial law when everything's "going to plan." Was that churlish of me? :)
signs of agony??

This article adds some additional info that I wasn't tracking. In addition to declaring martial law in the 4 annexed regions, Moscow is also raising security levels (aka clamping down on the civilian population) within Russia, particularly in border regions.

Do this martial law truely make any diference on any given day in elsewere Rusia?

No gathering, censorship and broad authority for law enforcement agencies.

Seems a normal day in the Rodina!
Has Russia ever not had a secret police terrorizing its people?

What is this flaw in their national character that while nearly every other European descendant nation has progressed to a reasonable level of state police held under democratically elected control? CSIS might monitor my web browsing for terror plots, but I needn't worry about RCMP arresting me for speaking my mind against the PM. Don't the Russians want the same rights and freedoms?

What is up with his creepy praetorian guard?

They're busily procuring new helmets to help turn their frowns upside-down. Welcome to the new, cuddlier, funnier form of stormtrooper (with apologies to GTX GTX who posted this image in the Quotes and Jokes thread earlier this week...it just seemed too appropriate not to reuse):

1666202094792.png

Has Russia ever not had a secret police terrorizing its people?

What is this flaw in their national character that while nearly every other European descendant nation has progressed to a reasonable level of state police held under democratically elected control? CSIS might monitor my web browsing for terror plots, but I needn't worry about RCMP arresting me for speaking my mind against the PM. Don't the Russians want the same rights and freedoms?
Uh, didn't Trudeau declare martial law to break up a trucker's strike last winter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back