"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well it didn't take long for Putin's "fellow travellers" to show their true colours. I hope Ukraine wins before (but I am scared they won't) this lot stab them in the back ...and line up for their Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle the First-Called or even Hero of the Russian Federation (though the latter involves actually bravery which certainly isn't the case here):

Facist is a whole different thing. These days that word has become a catch-phrase for anything authoritarian.
True but the term is short hand for a "...far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition..." which certainly fits the bill here. If someone has a better term I am glad to adopt.

Well it didn't take long for Putin's "fellow travellers" to show their true colours. I hope Ukraine wins before (but I am scared they won't) this lot stab them in the back ...and line up for their Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle the First-Called or even Hero of the Russian Federation (though the latter involves actually bravery which certainly isn't the case here):

She already said she wanted to end all aid and assistance to Ukraine. The QANON creep is a disgrace to the United States.

Even her husband gave up on her, and filed for divorce.

True but the term is short hand for a "...far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition..." which certainly fits the bill here. If someone has a better term I am glad to adopt.
***hole.

"Authoritarian" seems adequate.
Doesn't feel to carry the true 'flavour'. One could be authoritarian but still drive good for their populations in general. For example, one could argue that Singapore's former leader Lee Kuan Yew was somewhat "Authoritarian" though I doubt many would compare him to the likes of Putin.

Unconfirmed, but seems there is no safe port for Black Sea Russian ships
A long way to Novorossiysk if going around the crimean península.

There were so many items of discussions worth mentioning here and, while I was planning on responding to each one, I didn't attach the replies correctly, so I'll just address them off memory.

1. Nuclear Powerplant Related

A. Radiological Impacts on Russia
buffnut453 buffnut453 hit the nail on the head here in that Putin doesn't care about the effects his actions have on the Russian population. He's a malignant narcissist who sees himself as mattering more than the state, and the population only existing to serve the state. If it damaged Ukraine enough, he would accept the fact that large numbers of Russian citizens would suffer radiation poisoning, give birth to deformed children and/or children with very high rates of radiation-caused cancers.​

B. Russia planned to demolish a dam
If I recall, it provided cooling water to Zaporizhia's powerplant. Have they found/dismantled the explosives?
2. Biological Warfare Threats
There was a threat made to unleash pathogen carrying insects as a followup to in the event that a dirty-bomb went off based on claims that DARPA has considered the idea of using pathogenic carrying insects (That's actually true: DARPA has looked into that idea): Has this threat abated?​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back