"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can't Russia see that these barrages achieve nothing? Did Leningrad or Stalingrad surrender or did Stalin wobble when these two cities were being demolished by the Germans?

What I heard on the radio program The World this afternoon reported that the UN is stating that the power-supply issue in Ukraine heading into the winter is "critical", according to the BBC reporter being interviewed. This Reuters report supports that point, even if it doesn't use the same verbiage ("The UN humanitarian office (OCHA) warned of a serious humanitarian crisis in Ukraine this winter, with millions facing "constant power cuts").

Though I agree that these campaigns will probably only harden civilian determination rather than sap its morale, all the same it's a far cry from "nothing", seems to me. Those poor folk will be suffering the next six months from this barrage.

Last I heard about the missile strike was it was thought a Russian missile flew into Polish airspace with the Ukrainian missile locked on. This makes sense to me as the original report stated two missiles were involved. Sadly is was the Ukrainian one that killed the two people.

Last I heard about the missile strike was it was thought a Russian missile flew into Polish airspace with the Ukrainian missile locked on. This makes sense to me as the original report stated two missiles were involved. Sadly is was the Ukrainian one that killed the two people.

This is the gist of my reading as well. Russian missile launched from the northeast, this Ukrainian SAM missed -- and had to land somewhere.

What I've heard today from BBC and others is that the Polish government is understanding and not angry.

These things happen. Zelinskyy should await the reports from the Ukrainian team that is apparently on the way to inspect for themselves before he comments any more. buffnut453 buffnut453 is right on that score.

ETA: I'm pretty sure that some serial number or other identifier from this survived the explosion. If it's a legacy Soviet number, Ukraine may have inherited it in 1992, or it may have stayed in Russian stocks, and we can't tell who shot it where or at what.

But if it's a battery donated from NATO stocks, that serial number will be on the transfer paperwork.

Last edited:
Scratching my head on how to interpret this, if true.

More info about the "nuclear" x-55 used

Seems like the RF tried to use it for the kinetic blast it could achieve in an impact.

Maybe it's true that the PGM are running out.

The battle for Bakhmut seems to be seeing some progress for the Russians.

The AFU must hold the line otherwise the Russians can attack northward towards Lyman behind the Ukrainian lines, cutting off supply and reinforcement routes. If Bakhmut falls the AFU line may need to collapse further inland.

TERACTIVE-WHO-CONTROLS-WHAT-IN-EASTERN-UKRAINE-267.png

Last edited:
Winter is coming.

Also the winter cammo don't seem very effective. ;)

Meanwhile the West won't let Ukraine's army or people freeze.

Meanwhile the West won't let Ukraine's army or people freeze.

Yeah, it looks like the winter comfort scale will be something like this:
Westerners complaining about gas prices >> Ukrainian soldiers >> Ukrainian civil population >> Russian soldiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back