"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes we are sometimes the prime example of a dysfunctional family sitting around the Thanksgiving dinner table. And i am happy to sit with all of you. Not always agreeing what is said, specially on "hot"topics but that is what can happen. Vent and let it go. We have to come too far in this thread to start throwing the gravy and table ware at each other.
As my mom said: if you cant sit at the table take it private. And she did not have internet.

Eggnog anybody?

The Hershey's one?

I hate Hershey's…

How is the Porter though?

The porter is good, though very rich (and yes, the Hershey's). I prefer coffee porters to chocolate myself, but I'm adventurous so got a sixer just to see what's what. I could see it washing down a holiday meal, but it ain't no barbecue beer, fo sho.

A little bit poured into a beef stew would probably liven that up, too. It's a chewy brew.

Last edited:
You do need to go badly to Europe. Fact. Youre taste buds will in paradise.

I have. I lived in Spain for a year, and have visited UK, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Germany, all briefly. Liked a lot of the food. Love Greek food as well, but haven't eaten it there, which means it's the American version of Greek.

Putting wine or beer into my stews was something I learnt from a girlfriend born and raised in England, and was a great boost to my cooking that dish. I'll braise the beef in wine and oil, and then when I fill out the stew with veggies and roux, add another dollop. Usually a dark red, merlot or cab sauv, but beer as well is complimentary.

Speaking of beer from Europe, I received some from Germany today. A local one from home you cannot get here in the states.

And we find ourselves on the revolving off topic tangent that somehow finds its way back to the original topic.

Oh I know how! Anyone know how I can support the war effort by buying some Ukrainian beer?

Oh I know how! Anyone know how I can support the war effort by buying some Ukrainian beer?
Labatt's usually makes a terrible product, but I'd drink this.

And of course my western Canadian cousins with their large population of ethnic Ukrainians (including Mrs. Beez) have the genuine article.

And we have some local brews of a Ukrainian style sold in support of Ukraine.

A mysterious explosion in the Novorossiysk.

If I could find some here I'd certainly give it a shot. I've had Polish beer before, long ago enough I cant remember the label, but it was a really good lager. I bet with all their grain-fields the Ukrainians have brewing down pat too.

And I'd rather talk beer thn politics any day of the week, and two cans on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread