"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (10 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

UNITED NATIONS, Dec 9 (Reuters) - Russia is attempting to obtain more weapons from Iran, including hundreds of ballistic missiles, and offering Tehran an unprecedented level of military and technical support in return, Britain's U.N. Ambassador Barbara Woodward said on Friday.
Since August Iran has transferred hundreds of drones - also known as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) - to Russia, which had used them to "kill civilians and illegally target civilian infrastructure" in Ukraine, Woodward said.

"Russia is now attempting to obtain more weapons, including hundreds of ballistic missiles," Woodward told reporters.

"In return, Russia is offering Iran an unprecedented level of military and technical support. We're concerned that Russia intends to provide Iran with more advanced military components, which will allow Iran to strengthen their weapons capability," she said.

She also said Britain was "almost certain that Russia is seeking to source weaponry from North Korea (and) other heavily sanctioned states, as their own stocks palpably dwindle."

UNITED NATIONS, Dec 9 (Reuters) - Russia is attempting to obtain more weapons from Iran, including hundreds of ballistic missiles, and offering Tehran an unprecedented level of military and technical support in return, Britain's U.N. Ambassador Barbara Woodward said on Friday.
Sounds like it's time for a naval and air blockade of Iran? Ukraine aside, it's only a matter of time before, in a middle finger to the World, Russia assists in Iran's nuclear weapons program.

Sounds like it's time for a naval and air blockade of Iran? Ukraine aside, it's only a matter of time before, in a middle finger to the World, Russia assists in Iran's nuclear weapons program.

Right, but I'm not sure how useful that would be, with Iran sharing borders with Pakistan and Iraq. Keep in mind as well that a blockade is an act of war.

See here too:

Give this man a F-16.

Preview_7.jpg

War with Iran may be likely this decade.

Maybe, but I'm doubtful. But to my point, blockading a nation that has landward sources for imports is pretty tough. The big benefit would be blocking Iranian crude-oil exports and thus starving the regime of cash, but that too can be worked-around by the Iranians selling Russia drones, missiles, etc. I'm not knowledgeable about land pipelines heading out of Iran, but if there are any, they too can be used to work around Western blockade.

With English subtitles.

I'm married to an Ukrainian-Canadian, so I'm a little biased, but god these are a good, humble people. Here they are sitting around the kitchen table sharing a cuppa with their pilot and news media. And this pilot is telling us what Ukraine needs, F-16s or equivalent. What do our pilots here say, does he needs more than a month's intensive training to get up to speed?

Very informative article. Who would have ever thought the PZH 2000 would be used in a war?

Very informative article. Who would have ever thought the PZH 2000 would be used in a war?

Rob, if you have the spare piasters, grab a book called Soul of the Sword, by Robert L O'Connell. It's a history of weaponry in warfare, and one aspect it touches upon is how often weapons aren't necessarily designed to be the most efficient, but the most overawing.

It's one of the better reads on weaponry I've set eyes on, because it addresses the psychological impact the weapons have. Like all books it is flawed -- its main flaw is oversimplification -- but it is still insightful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back