"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This has nothing to do with fate, but how their fate is decided. Listen, Artesh, in civilized places like the western world, criminals including war criminals and terrorists, are not simply executed with a bullet to the back of their head. They get their day in court, evidence is presented, and the rule of law is followed. Sentences are carried our in a just manner. Exactly how it should be done. Otherwise we would be no better than those we fight. We would not be building a better world for our children.

My opinion is that every human has the given right to stand trial, and that civilized rule of law is all that matters. Otherwise we would be no better than animals.

I will say nothing further on this topic. Have a good evening. Please stay safe.

Suspects should be tried, and depending on the convictions, imprisoned or perhaps executed. But it should be done under the same legal rubric that Ukraine would treat its own citizens. They are fighting to be a democratic nation run by the rule of law and not emotions.

As understandable as your sentiments may be, it reminds me of the quote that comes to mind, from the German philosopher Nietzsche: "Whoever battles monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster himself. And when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

ETA: Forgive my posting this after the discussion had been concluded. Mods, feel free to delete if you see fit, I'm not trying to shit-stir.

Agreed, and well said.

You are more than welcome to continue the discussion. So is Artesh. I just see no point in myself continuing it because it is a debate where neither of us will convince the other.

Agreed, and well said.

You are more than welcome to continue the discussion. So is Artesh. I just see no point in myself continuing it because it is a debate where neither of us will convince the other.

I've spoken my piece, and I know as well that ARTESH is a thoughtful man who while he may not agree will listen, so I too will leave it unless there's a question.

I just see no point in myself continuing it because it is a debate where neither of us will convince the other.
And, IMO that's the point where the few, usually two, posters who care so deeply about something otherwise tangential should go to DMs. As for myself, I keep skipping ahead to find the conclusion of this off topic distraction and a return to things Ukraine related.

Here's some potentially good news from Greece. Paywall free version: https://archive.vn/b30LR

And more Leopard 1 derivatives now shipping from Germany.

Last edited:

Accept its not a topic distraction. This was a discussion about what to do with war criminals or terrorists involved in the fighting. Just because you don't care or find it important does not mean that other's don't. Solution? You already identified it. Scroll past it.

I don't know about anyone else here, but my DMs parse very poorly with my software, with lines literally two or three characters long. Very hard to read, I have to copy, paste into word, type my reply, copy and paste again ... it's a pain in the ass, so I use it only very rarely.

We just keep re-learning that low and slow is always going to be needed

I hope so. But I don't share your optimism that anything but mid level bit players will end up.
If any of those responsible can be rounded up and put on trial, it's a start.

Though I admit that I would like nothing more than to use Imperial Roman and later, Medieval forms of execution to all involved - from the top down.

That *may* cause others to take note and avoid the same poor life choices.

Users who are viewing this thread