"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What I do not understand is why Ukraine has not destroyed the electrical and water supply systems in Crimea. Yes they want to recover the area but leaving the Russian military there with full electrical and water services is, to me, a mistake. After 8 years of Russian maintenance these systems are probably on the brink of failure anyway so will need upgrading once the orcs are banished.
Because doing so would make them no better than the Russians and take away any 'moral high ground' they might have.

This man has yayechka!

Large and pricey SAMs, yes. But from what I've read the cheapest and most effective weapon against the Shahed would be the Vampire missiles. Small, highly accurate, relatively cheap at under US$28k per missile, needing only a single projectile to kill (Gepard, for example needs to fire dozens of hard to replace shells to score a single kill), and as mobile as the cheap civilian-spec vehicle moving them.

This guy's Testis!!!!!

However, what is the cost of the target that the $20K UAV is about to destroy?
I'm not advocating for letting them get through. I'm advocating for destroying them as cost effectively as possible. Actually stinger is cheaper than Perigrine and doesn't require an aircraft to carry it, just a guy in the ground, but still not cost effective.

Otherwise Russia will actually win the asymmetric drone war. They are using cheap drones to destroy expensive missiles. Once all missiles are gone their air force can fly again over Ukraine. Better save the expensive missiles for the expensive targets and use something else for the cheapo drones. After all you don't need extreme tech to kill something that is slower than my car.
Note: I don't have an expensive sports car, my car is a diesel family car, and yes those drones are actually slower (and from what I read they are noisy as hell)

Will it would be nice to have the A-10 blasting RuAF UAV, how would they locate the UAV at night and/or bad weather?

Agreed, though the climate is tropical, so Ivan won't be freezing. Apparently there were plans to blow up the bridges between Crimea and Kherson if Ivan invades, but the Ukrainian officers in charge betrayed their country. But no matter, now is the time to hit Crimea's infrastructure.
I disagree. I would suggest that the time to knock out the electrical infrastructure in the Crimea is just before you attack with the land forces. Then try to hit as much of it as you can in one go. As the attacks are continuing, the Ukraine are getting better and better at shooting the drones down and just as importantly, getting better at repairing the damage.
Don't give the Russians the same opportunity to learn.

A-10 may even be too fast for Shahed 136. They reportedly fly slower than A-10 stall speed. So is cruise speed of An-2.
Not to mention that GAU-8 is probably overkill by several orders of magnitude. Nevertheless I assume its cheaper to use than wasting missiles on those drones.
Really, if we all think about it, we know what the Ukraine really need, what they need is a P39

Will it would be nice to have the A-10 blasting RuAF UAV, how would they locate the UAV at night and/or bad weather?
They are capable of operating, finding and attacking targets in all weather conditions and day or night.

7rwCIOM.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back