"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I will hope that the US would find some way to, on way or another, seize the Russian nukes. Period.
I wonder if they even work or if essential maintenance funding and parts have been stolen or neglected. If your whole government is based upon the theft of state property and misappropriation of state funding, why would a system never intending to be used be spared?

So, what's going to happen in 2023? Short answer...nobody has a clue.

The comments about Ukrainian advances in Kreminna and Svatove are interesting...and it would be great to see their advances continue. However, I tend to agree that a southern flank to cut the Russian land bridge to Crimea is strategically more important.

The key question is what will Russia do? Will Moscow order a spring offensive and, if so, how will that go? Unless something drastic changes in Russian tactics and operational art, I think they'll make some modest gains without seriously damaging Ukraine's defences.

It will be interesting to see if Belarus takes a more aggressive role in the war as part of that Russian offensive. Such a chain of events would offer an increased threat to Ukraine but, equally, would be the final nail in the coffin for Lukashenko as I don't see the Belarusian populace wanting their sons and daughters dragged so overtly into a fighting war (but that's just my hunch, not based on any serious analysis).

Now this shit is funny.

So, what's going to happen in 2023? Short answer...nobody has a clue.

The comments about Ukrainian advances in Kreminna and Svatove are interesting...and it would be great to see their advances continue. However, I tend to agree that a southern flank to cut the Russian land bridge to Crimea is strategically more important.

The key question is what will Russia do? Will Moscow order a spring offensive and, if so, how will that go? Unless something drastic changes in Russian tactics and operational art, I think they'll make some modest gains without seriously damaging Ukraine's defences.

It will be interesting to see if Belarus takes a more aggressive role in the war as part of that Russian offensive. Such a chain of events would offer an increased threat to Ukraine but, equally, would be the final nail in the coffin for Lukashenko as I don't see the Belarusian populace wanting their sons and daughters dragged so overtly into a fighting war (but that's just my hunch, not based on any serious analysis).

Were I in charge of UAF, I'd drive on and capture Melitopol, and then push on to Kerch. Bag the thousands of Russians in Crimea and block their relief, in a stroke. The Eastern Front is important, but I think seizing Crimea in this manner could be a war-winner.

The border between Ukraine and Belarus is nearly impassable and transit confined to a few highways, as we saw last February with that ridiculously long Russian convoy.

Ukraine wasn't situated to counter that convoy at the time, but that mistake will not happen again. This time, that highway will be a killing zone that would rival the "highway of death" in Kuwait, should Russian and/or Belarusian troops attempt it.

Now this shit is funny.

From the article:

(Reuters) - Former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, an arch loyalist of Vladimir Putin given a new job this week, predicted war between Germany and France next year and a civil war in the United States that would lead to Elon Musk becoming president.

Medvedev, deputy head of Putin's advisory security council, served as president during a four-year spell when Putin held the office of prime minister. He appears to have seen his fortune rise in the Kremlin, which said on Monday he would now serve as Putin's deputy on a body overseeing the military industry.

In his list of predictions for 2023, published on his personal Telegram and Twitter accounts, he also foresaw Britain rejoining the EU, which would in turn collapse.

"The answer to this Daily Double is 'What is wishful thinking.' Alex."

Lavrov insists for the war to end, Ukraine must be demilitarized, the current government removed and accept Russia's territorial claims.

Lavrov can go eff himself.
Lavrov said that the talking would be done by the Russian Army. Well so far the talking is more of a whisper and the Ukraine Army are doing the talking.

Another Russian tycoon does a Peter Pan out of a hotel window...this time in India (and another member of the tycoon's group died on Friday):

Even in the worst novel, the writer would come up with a more varied script.
With all the money these people have at their disposal, you would think that they could afford a bungalow.

With the Wagner mercenaries making threats and comments such as this, it's quite possible that the regular army may well turn on them

They're functioning as Russian forces and under control of the Russian government. Mercenary forces have existed for thousands of years; there isn't some loophole to exempt them from internationally accepted laws of war.

Kidnapping, transporting a person against their will over international boundaries, a person travelling over international boundaries without proper documentation and torture (waterboarding etc) are all not acceptable under international law except if you are the USA and call it "rendering".

So let someone "render" these war criminals to the Hague.

Pretty unbiased reporting on Ukrainian drone operators and their battlefield impact:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back