"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

re Patriot deployment to Ukraine

It is not the intent to use the Patriot system against drones. The intent is to employ it against ballistic missiles and hypersonic cruise missiles. The Patriot can also be used at rather long ranges against the hypersonic cruise missile launch aircraft and/or airborne EW/ELINT platforms. It is also a signal/hedge against the possible use of tactical/theater level nuclear armed ballistic missiles.

Perhaps Elon will make a takeover bid.

"I don't think you understand, Minister Shoigu. I'm your boss now, and I'm telling you that the Armata must have the Tesla electric drive in it."
"Mr Musk --"
"Thats General-General Musk to you, Minister Shoigu!" He flings a pencil across the room, making yet another mark on the wall-map hanging behind the old Russian. "I outrank you now."
Shoigu starts again. "General-General Musk, our engineers calculate that so powered, the T-14 will only have a range of about eight miles,."
"That doesn't matter!" Elon snaps. "That's all the damned tanks go anyway before launching a turret, and I have to recoup my investment in Twitter!"
"As you wish."
Just then, an orderly runs up and stands at attention. "General-General Musk, Lt Andreyivich reporting. A new Ukrainian formation has appeared on our map, and we do not know its order-of-battle or intentions!"
"Well, erase it."
Shoigu sighs. "Let me call Kadyrov, our troops are decimated."

Last edited:
SAVE FERRIS
Froman 1.jpg

From the linked article:

Enabling the fight has bolstered Ukraine's commitment to their nation, critical for advancing society-building and anti-corruption efforts there. Facilitating Ukraine's resistance may even end the kleptocratic reign of Vladimir Putin, paving the way for a more just—if not more democratic—society in Russia itself.

I strongly agree with the first point. The Russians don't seem to understand that the main effect of their invasion is that they're drawing the Ukrainians together and building public buy-in for an independent and strong nation.

I'm not sure I agree with the second point here. This war can certainly bring Putin down, don't get me wrong, but I'm skeptical of it empowering a more just or democratic society in Russia. I'm thinking that internal wars and a "clean-up on Aisle 13" page would be more likely.

Maybe it's just me but the tone of the reports of the fighting around Bakhmut is changing.

Before it was all about the attacks and how much better they were than the Russian Army. Now its all about gunners saying that they haven't been given the ammunition needed for success. How its only the Wager Group that is doing the fighting. How they are dragging the bodies on their friends through the mud, that supplies are much needed.

It has a defeatist feel to it, as if they are blaming others for the lack of success.

It's easy in the Wager Group when you have the power of life and death over people who cannot defend themselves, and call yourselves brave. Not so easy when the other side have the skill, drive and equipment to defend themselves.

I could be being optimistic but I get the feel that they are failing and the Ukraine forces are slowly getting on top of the situation. Which would be huge, as the Russian forces have thrown almost everything into the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back