"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a personal view.

India is in a difficult position. Pakistan has stayed close to China to counterbalance India which recently has been closer to Russia for its military and political support. Now they find that Russia is a busted flush and there are fundamental issues with its military equipment both current and future. As a result they are now turning more to Europe and the USA.

China probably cannot believe their luck. The closest superpower was (note past tense) Russia and they have just thrown themselves onto the wrong side of history. Militarily and economically they have trashed their future and are in no position to negotiate with anyone from a position of strength. Look at the way those small independent states reliant in the recent past on Russia have humiliated Putin by making him wait for them at meetings.
Politically I cannot see Russia giving area's of land to China. However, I can see Russia giving China access to ports and support areas for use in the 'new era of co-operation between the two countries'. Letting Chinese vessels harbour and base themselves in Russian ports, with the required infrastructure and repair facilities. Then it is only a small step away from Free Ports where companies from both countries can build businesses and trading industries.
Before you know it Russia will become more dependent of China.

Its a guess but there is some logic to it

Just as NATO should have, every joint organization needs to have an expulsion clause. The UN doesn't have any mechanism to remove a SC member.
As much as Turkey is annoying, kicking them out of NATO would only push them towards Islamofascism or otherwise into closer ties with Russia or China.

China is already building strong political, economic and military links with the 'Stans in order to link China to the Caspian Sea. Once secured, China will be looking to Azerbaijan and Georgia to link to the Black Sea. If Turkey is expelled from NATO Ankara could well seek friendship as Beijing seeks further expansion into the Mediterranean.

The fox has a vote on defending the henhouse, and we have no means to take that vote away.

Just as NATO should have, every joint organization needs to have an expulsion clause. The UN doesn't have any mechanism to remove a SC member.
The Security Council's role was setup so as to prevent the UN from interfering in whatever the five permanent members, including the US, wanted to do internationally. It's working exactly as designed.

I'm not so sure about that. The way China treats its Muslim (the Uigars) doesn't really foster much goodwill with other Islamic countries. If they keep treating their own Muslims that way, other Muslim countries will think twice about a relationship with them.

It goes both ways. With a near permanent collapse of their pal Russia's power and influence, and China's expansion into the I/O, India needs to get in the West's good books. They're making some progress.
Agreed. The increasing prevalence of the BJP and Narendra Modi over the last 1 - 2 decades is disturbing though as it brings a new bunch of potential troubles that need to be avoided.

The Security Council's role was setup so as to prevent the UN from interfering in whatever the five permanent members, including the US, wanted to do internationally. It's working exactly as designed.

It's working, but I wouldn't say "exactly" -- as it wasn't envisioned that one of the policemen would go corrupt as is the case here.

As much as Turkey is annoying, kicking them out of NATO would only push them towards Islamofascism or otherwise into closer ties with Russia or China.

They're so far along that road that keeping them in introduces Islamofascism into NATO councils.

Sure, I just don't see Turkey as important as they were in the 70s and 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread