"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The stylish uniforms, the fancy equipment, things that go boom.
I did a tour in Iraq, so I'm used to scenes of destruction, but the human cost of war has always disturbed me.

The only thing I liked about the war I helped (in the rear with the gear where my dumb ass belonged) was the sense of mission. The book became recommendations and the mission became primal.

It was only later that I gave thought to how, even indirectly, I was helping to kill a shitload of folk.

I don't know much about this sort of thing, but I wonder if perhaps an effective strategy/weapon would be saturating some of these cities with snipers at this rage of the "game"? The effect on morale might be considerable.

Edit: "rage" I meant "stage"…or did I mean "rage"?

Jim

Last edited:
Saw that and we had this discussion the other day - right now Poland has a sizeable F-35 order coming. If it was a perfect world it would be great to peel their aircraft off the current production line and hand them over, but for a number of reasons previously explained, I really doubt that's going to happen. Now what I think is do-able is possibly sending them some newer F-16s that might be temporally stored at Davis Monthan or deploying a National Guard unit to Poland to support this "gap" until dedicated F-16 can be loaned to Poland until their F-35 order comes in. In either case this will be a time consuming process unless a lot of red tape can be cut, but the biggest time consumer I see is properly configuring the aircraft to meet Poland's needs.

My wonder was if fighters is where Ukraine needed the most help? Surely they need Sams and antitank.

The only thing I liked about war was getting on a plane back to Germany to my family. The rest of it can go fuck itself.

My wonder was if fighters is where Ukraine needed the most help? Surely they need Sams and antitank.
It seems to me they need a good multi-role aircraft. Their MiG-29s were modified a few years ago for a strike capability, so if they get the Polish MiG-29s perhaps they can possibly help in a CAP role

Cities sponge up offensive troops very well. Snipers are useful, but even without them rubble makes for good defense.

I suspect we haven't seen the worst of Russian losses.

It seems to me they need a good multi-role aircraft. Their MiG-29s were modified a few years ago for a strike capability, so if they get the Polish MiG-29s perhaps they can possibly help in a CAP role
Even if the thus far surviving Ukrainian pilots are experienced with the MiG-29 in a CAP role would they necessarily be able to identify and accurately strike ground targets? Seems akin to asking a F-22 pilot to swap to an A-10.

Users who are viewing this thread