"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (9 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Same.

I wonder if any of the Russian nukes even work. Not that I want the world to test that line of inquiry.

Agreed on both counts ... but caving to bullying has never ended bullying. What to do? I believe that this is more bluster from one who owes his career to Putin and therefore thinks he must say the right things. There's a "boy who cried wolf" vibe to these constant nuclear threats, especially considering that the Russians damned well know Ukraine and NATO aren't existential threats.

If NATO wanted to curbstomp Russia, 1993 would have been the perfect year. That we didn't bespeaks our intent. The only existential threat in this war is the existential threat to Putin's regime, and that he brought upon himself.

Quite a number of announcements today.
11 countries with new military aid packages.
All in one day...
Estonia will provide new assistance of 113 mln eur which include FH-70 howitzers and 155 mm ammunition, artillery support systems and anti-tank weapons.
Sweden commits to provide 50 CV90 AFVs and Archer SPGs.
UK: 600 pcs of Brimstone missiles, unspecified number of AFVs, including Bulldog and 3 batteries of AS-90 SPGs, 155 mm ammunition, UAVs, etc. This is on top of Challenger 2 MBTs announced earlier.
Denmark: 19 Caesar SPGs.
Poland: S-60 anti-aircraft guns with ammunition. Further shipments of Krab SPGs will continue.
Lithuania: L70 anti-aircraft guns with ammunition, two Mi-8 helicopters.
Latvia: Stingers, two M-17 helicopters, "dozens of" UAVs, spare parts for M109 artillery.
Czechia: another batch of equipment, details to be disclosed later.
Additionally, several countries announced further funding of the training programs.
And new US aid package of 2.6 bln USD is expected to be announced soon.

View: https://t.me/harris_and_the_whirlwind/149

News about Leopard 2 tomorrow?
Lithuania's defence minister, Arvydas Anušauskas, has said several countries will announce sending Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine at Friday's meeting of defence ministers at the Ramstein airbase in Germany. The total number of armoured vehicles pledged at tomorrow's meeting would go into hundreds, Anušauskas told Reuters.

poland-says-it-might-go-rogue-and-send-german-made-leopard-tanks-to-ukraine-without-berlins-approval
I don't believe Poland has it in them to go rogue. If they did Poland would have donated their MiG-29s in 2022 rather than pursue a ridiculous diplomatic smokescreen.

That is the way to proceed with Switzerland restrictions too.

And let Berlin agonize over the lost sales. If I buy a Windows computer, does that give Microsoft the power to determine how and where I use it? Fine, I'll go Apple, or Linux.

Germany and Switzerland should both think long and hard about this. Standing on principle is fine, no arguments from me, but they should understand that it does come with costs.

ETA: Can you tell this shilly-shallying about MBTs/ Gephard ammo/other support to Ukraine is irking me? If I sat in the Oval Office I'd be knocking heads together, yeah.

Last edited:

Things change. Who knew how inept Russia was? Things seemed a bit scarier then.

I think Rob's reading of this is right. The Poles have less to fear in donations, and at the same time would not want to labor under German restrictions on how they use the hardware they've bought. They're getting Korean and American tanks anyway, and can afford to kiss German support goodbye.

The easiest solution is for the American government to send some Abrams and call Schulz's hand. We should force his hand. But bravo Poland all the same if they choose to go rogue in selling or donating Leo IIs. It's the right thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread