"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Polish Prime Minister stated yesterday that this war will be won by Ukraine with or without Germany.
He also said Poland, and possibly other countries, will send more to Ukraine anyway.

The first shipment of K2 tanks and K9 howitzers from South Korea has arrived with Poland intending to build their
tank fleet to 1000 of the K2 plus purchases of Abrams.

An interesting part of the deal is that Poland will partner with Hyundai Rotem to produce a Polish version of the tank
designated as K2PL in Poland. I assume these will make up the bulk of the 1000 tanks over time.

Poland has also increased their defence budget to 3% of GDP, one of the highest in NATO. Where does this leave Germany ?
I read a comment at one site that simply said the German government has done more to wreck their own arms industry than
the bombing offensive in World War 2. Harsh maybe but possibly pointed in the right direction.

Germany allegedly blocking Leo2 exports: No one of the countries has actually filed a formal request for an export permission. As you know we germans do not much without correct paperwork.

As you know we germans do not much without correct paperwork.
It's amazing how much paperwork the Germans created for use later against themselves in the Nuremberg Trials. I mean, if you're going to murder millions of people and steal so much property, perhaps cataloguing it all is not a smart idea?

The Russians on the other hand in today's Ukraine seem to take the opposite tack. Systematically murder, rape and steal, but deny everything, record nothing.

Last edited:
I just learned about Precision Strike Missile (PrSM), the expected replacement of ATACMS. From what I read its expected to enter service in 2023 with the US army and in 2024 with the British army.

Anyone knows if its on track?
Being replaced by PrSM, ATACMS should be properly "recycled" if you know what I mean :wink2:

The task is not finished until the paperwork is completed and filed....(notice on privy wall)
There's always something interesting to be found on the wall there...

96553878_147055143527930_4668257575303643136_n.jpg

Let's see if the Poles do anything or if they are just playing games:

Comments such as Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, saying on Monday that Warsaw would ask Germany for permission to re-export tanks to Ukraine implies to me that despite all the noise they haven't actually tried to do anything: <Cynicism mode on> "Germany won't let us send tanks! Germany won't let us send tanks!" - "Well have you actually formally asked?" - "Well no but..."<Cynicism mode off>

The Polish Prime Minister stated yesterday that this war will be won by Ukraine with or without Germany.
He also said Poland, and possibly other countries, will send more to Ukraine anyway.
Not that they have actually asked permission to date as evidenced by Polish Prime Minister's words this week.
The first shipment of K2 tanks and K9 howitzers from South Korea has arrived with Poland intending to build their
tank fleet to 1000 of the K2 plus purchases of Abrams.
From what I understand, Poland actually wanted an all Abrams fleet but because the US wasn't able to supply 750 - 1000 Abrams fast enough they have gone/are going with the mixed fleet of M1A1/A1A2 SEP v3/K-2.
I read a comment at one site that simply said the German government has done more to wreck their own arms industry than
the bombing offensive in World War 2. Harsh maybe but possibly pointed in the right direction.
I think it has become apparent that both sides of German politics have allowed their Military to atrophy for the last 20+ years - see here for some commentary:

"Berlin asked for permission to send German-made Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine." Surely in the name of all that is holy that has already been asked months ago? Otherwise, what's all the chatter in Ramstein about?
As evidenced by the Polish Prime Minister's own words it is now apparent that they have not asked permission. They were quite happy to blame Germany for saying No but it seems that they never actually bothered to ask in the first place. Hence my comments about playing games...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back