"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And --

Ukraine's breakthrough in securing heavy tanks from the U.S. and Germany has ignited talk about sending F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine to defend the nation's skies.

The government of Ukraine quickly renewed its calls for world-class fighter jets after it secured the victory on tanks, arguing it needed the help to defend itself against Russia.

Shortly after the U.S. announcement on tanks, Yuriy Sak, an adviser to Ukraine's defense secretary, told The Hill that Kyiv would do everything possible to secure the fighter jets.

And Dymytro Kuleba, Ukraine's minister of foreign affairs, tweeted Wednesday morning that Ukraine has "new tasks ahead," naming western fighter jets as one of them.

[...]

Asked to comment on the possibility of fighter jets going to Ukraine, National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby on Wednesday said he had no news to share.

"Can't blame the Ukrainians for wanting more and more systems," Kirby said. "It's not the first time they've talked about fighter jets, but I don't have any announcements to make on that front."

[...]

U.S. lawmakers, most of whom have prodded the Biden administration to support more and more advanced weaponry for Kyiv, also appear to show early signs of supporting this next push for the fighter jets.

A statement released by Democratic Sens. Richard Blumenthal (Conn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (R.I.), as well as Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) on Wednesday applauded the Biden administration for sending tanks to Ukraine but quickly pivoted to a push for fighter jets and long-range artillery systems.

"The combination of tanks, fighter aircraft, and ATACMS will help Ukraine confront the upcoming Russian offensive and go on offense in both the east and the south in an attempt to further erode Russia's capability to continue fighting in Ukraine," the statement read. "Let's give the Ukrainians everything they need to win — now."

Forgive the glancing mention of politics, but I'm glad they put two and two together so quickly to move onto the fighter-planes.

I think Israel needs to be careful. Over the years the USA have always been there for them when things have been difficult and without the USA Israel would have fallen more than once. Yet when the USA are making a fairly small request they are being turned down rather abruptly.
This may be remembered next time a favour is needed by Israel

Can you still fire the gun? Perhaps short range HE?

Looks like a short barreled Panzer IV.

4575d355fc50e035a76590fce9a7a150.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back