"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The US, Russia and the Ukraine were not signatories so, theoretically, they can do as they please.
So, provided no signatories facilitate the move of such weapons to Ukraine, I see no issues. Especially if Ukraine uses the weapons solely within Ukraine. If any Ukrainian citizens are killed or injured they or their families can presumably take it up with Kyiv as a domestic governance issue, essentially a wrongful death claim. If any invading forces are killed or injured, the solution is easy.... leave Ukraine.

Last edited:
190 years earlier it looked slightly different - and what conclusion you are suggesting???

So, provided no signatories facilitate the move of such weapons to Ukraine, I see no issues.

Except the p-word. There are no restrictions on exporting combat aircraft and yet we haven't seen the Western powers take that step yet. Given the general angst about cluster munitions, I'm not sure how willing any Western politicians--even those in countries that didn't sign the convention--would be to exporting them right now. I'd expect there to be a lot of deliberation before any such moves were made.

I know the U.S. isn't a signatory to the agreement but I believe the U.S. abides by it. The cluster munitions were/are being scrapped. So were the rocket motors. After scrapping about 200,000, those mischievous imps at Boeing and Saab came up with a use for the remaining rocket motors. The remaining rocket motors and whatever bomb is the "small diameter" is combine for the GLSDB.
Russia goes hat in hand to North Korea and Iran for ammo. Boeing and Saab send some guys out back to the trash bin and comes up with about 150,000 smart artillery munitions.

Last edited:
If Russia had not invaded Ukraine in Feb 2022 I think there was no chance of Crimea ever being returned to Ukrainian hands. The world had clearly moved onto other business and interests since Russia's seizure of Crimea in 2014, with the EU happy to buy Russian oil and the US looking at Ukraine as a corrupt distraction with whatever Biden's son had on that laptop, allegedly. As such, the 2022 invasion has been a disaster for any Russians hoping to hold Crimea, just as it's a disaster for those ethnic-Russians hoping to create longstanding Luhansk and Donetsk People's Republics. Ukraine won't stop now until Crimea is theirs again, and the LPR/DPR are ground into the earth and their leaders and followers dead, jailed or exiled.

Last edited:

KYIV, Ukraine, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Russia has begun its "big revenge" for Ukraine's resistance to its invasion, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on Monday, as Russian forces claimed a series of incremental gains in his country's east.

Zelenskiy has been warning for weeks that Moscow aims to step up its assault on Ukraine after about two months of virtual stalemate along the front line that stretches across the south and east.

While there was no sign of a broader new offensive, the administrator of Russian-controlled parts of Ukraine's eastern Donetsk province, Denis Pushilin, said Russian troops had secured a foothold in Vuhledar, a coal mining town whose ruins have been a Ukrainian bastion since the outset of the war.

Pushilin's adviser, Yan Gagin, said fighters from Russian mercenary force Wagner had taken partial control of a supply road leading to Bakhmut, a city that has been Moscow's main focus for months.

A day earlier, the head of Wagner said his fighters had secured Blahodatne, a village just north of Bakhmut.

Kyiv said it had repelled assaults on Blahodatne and Vuhledar, and Reuters could not independently verify the situations there. But the locations of the reported fighting indicated clear, though gradual, Russian gains.

Pushilin's adviser, Yan Gagin, said fighters from Russian mercenary force Wagner had taken partial control of a supply road leading to Bakhmut, a city that has been Moscow's main focus for months.
Bakhmut is going to end up like Stalingrad, where the invader thus fixated on an otherwise minor goal wastes his army for nothing, all while the defender is seeing the bigger picture and preparing a decisive counter offensive.

Just like before their summer offensive, Ukrainian forces have been rather quiet.

It appears that they are using just enough manpower to hold the Russians at bay while the bulk of their forces are...where?

Hmmm...

As I wrote on another forum regarding this topic, it looks to me like both sides are trying to economize the engaged forces in order to build up reserves for projected offensives.

Just like before their summer offensive, Ukrainian forces have been rather quiet. It appears that they are using just enough manpower to hold the Russians at bay while the bulk of their forces are...where? Hmmm...
Indeed. Ukraine's prewar population of 44 million would be about 25% men aged 18-40 years, or about 11 million potential fighting men. Of course the economy and industry must be run, but a UAF of over one million is likely, as the retired Russian colonel said below, start 0:56.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=egXRzus9WMM
And then there's the women.

Users who are viewing this thread