"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (11 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Simple then.

Leopard 1A5 to AMX - "You point to 'em, we'll plug 'em". Job done.

Very interesting thread on why everyone in Russia makes threats, the bigger the better, totally destroying their credibility and reputation with the west.
Kamil Galeev is an independent researcher and a journalist residing in Moscow. His main focus of interest is the identity politics in post-Soviet Russia, the ethnification of Russian nationalism and the crackdown on the ethnic republics.

Worth reading the full thread.

View: https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1624102046822543362

The AMX 10 RC reminds me a bit of the Sd.Kfz 234/2 - a too big gun in an armored car which led some overoptimistic crew to engage instead of disengage. I'm not even thinking about the 234/4 which was misusing an armored car chassis to carry a bif ATG

Yes, there are several other articles seeming to confirm what I have been told, and emerging in greater volume.

One of the 'military pundits' that I have found to be repeatedly reliable (as a 'contrarian' to the propaganda) is Col. Douglas MacGregor (USA Ret'd). He has consstently dived below the approved 'messanging and messengers' to parse the details and proceses and facts that must be in existance to 'make the messaging reliable'. He is not well liked by Left wing supporters of POTUS, or Right wing advocates of 'any war is a good war' - as long as the money flows to our defense industry.

Additionally former senior advisor to SecDef, Col. Douglas MacGregor just recently wrote his latest book "Transformation under Fire" which gained significant traction with Israel IDF.
Excerpt from website:
"With LTG Kohavi, IDF Chief hosting the meeting, Macgregor is speaking to the IDF General Staff and Commanders on 17 Feb in Israel. "The Chief of the IDF General Staff made Macgregor's book,Transformation under Fire (Praeger, 2003), required reading for all officers in the rank of LTC and above.

This is the first time in the history of the IDF that a Chief of the Israeli General Staff has identified a book as the intellectual basis for future change in the IDF."

As usual, when a learned POV is expressed by an expert, all the pundts ranging from Fox News/Gowdy to Newsweek and WaPo immediately attack the messenger and his POV.

Much has been said about US/NATO now on a 'War Footing' to ramp up capability, but little has been said about reinstating draft. expanding manufacturing capability, re-training workers, building new plants and tooling, and increasing taxes to support the buildup.. As I look around at the governments within NATO struggling with inflation (and in case of US, massive debt service) not one is articulating the need to prepare for war with Russia - only 'we need to support Ukraine (requiring unspecified commitments of national resources).

The US was FAR more capable, financially and manufacturing wise (as well as public will), to expand to war footing before and during the period we entered WWII, with sole exception of trained and experienced war fighters.

COL Macgregor already made an appearance in this thread at post #14,229. I question his perspective when he describes Russia's invasion as an "economy of force operation" or states that Russia tried to minimize civilian casualties. He's incredibly selective in the "evidence" he uses for his pronouncements.

As to increasing weapons production, there are a LOT of discussions about doing that...and in many cases, it's been happening for some time. Certainly the US and UK are working on that problem. I'd be shocked if Poland wasn't already in ramp-up mode given the weapons that country has provided to Ukraine.

As to nations not discussing increasing defence spending, this article dates from March 2022...yes, just one month after the Russian invasion: Seven European nations have increased defense budgets in one month. Who will be next? - Breaking Defense. There are discussions in NATO about making changing the current requirement on member nation defence expenditure, turning the current 2% of GDP "target" into a minimum baseline.

Reinstating the draft is absolutely NOT the way to expand the West's military capability. You end up with a host of unskilled people, many of whom don't even want to be there. Managing a large force of relatively untrained people massively denudes operational capability because you have to spread your skilled, professional personnel across the force, with a net effect of lowering operational effectiveness. Yes, you get more people in the front line but they end up being just like the Russian army - cannon fodder to be thrown into the meat grinder.

Last edited:

Yep...that's just one of many examples where he made entirely baseless claims. For starters, Macgregor seems to be insinuating that it's the NATO military forces that have suffered these casualties. Certainly his choice of language is....interesting, to say the least. He didn't say "Polish citizens" or "British citizens". Instead he talked about the number of casualties that Poland and others have sustained...which makes it sound like the nations' forces are fighting rather than individuals volunteering to fight in Ukraine.

I can guarantee that pretty much every UK casualty hits the headlines. Just look at the recent news article about two men who were killed trying to evacuate civilians from danger areas. For there to have been "thousands of casualties" involving UK citizens, it would require every one of their families to remain silent about the deaths. That's an impossibility in this day and age where everyone below the age of 40 feels the need to post what they had for breakfast online. Local news agencies would quickly pick up on the death of a local lad/lass, which would then get repackaged by the national media.

While I have every respect for COL Macgregor's military service, IMHO he's just another talking head trying to bolster his reputation by making unfounded grand pronouncements and then not being held accountable if they don't come to pass. I put him in a similar category to Pierre Sprey, although Macgregor is perhaps ever-so-slightly more credible than that particular waste of oxygen.

Last edited:

Holy crap, I just read up on the guy. Was his helmet made of tin-foil as well?

Holy crap, I just read up on the guy. Was his helmet made of tin-foil as well?

Yep...as a talking head who's made multiple appearances on RT (Russian state media), including expressing support for Russia's annexation of the Donbas, he's hardly the most objective commentator on the war in Ukraine.

Here's a classic example where one of his pronouncements proved to be widely off-target. In March 2022 he stated that a ceasefire was close because Ukrainian forces had been "grounded to bits. There's no question about that despite what we report on our mainstream media." Here we are, almost a year later and Ukraine is still very much in the fight. The mainstream media appear to have been correct and Macgregor was flat out WRONG...but that doesn't stop him bemoaning "mainstream media" as being against him and his message.

As I noted previously, nobody holds this idiot accountable when he's so wildly inaccurate. He continues to be invited onto TV and internet broadcasts where he continues to make his pronouncements.

The simple fact that Tucker Carlson sees Macgregor as "our first choice for foreign policy analysis" and "one of the people we trust to give us real information" should give any sane-thinking person pause for thought about Macgregor's objectivity and reliability.

It was also an attempt to blackmail the US Govt to pay him money...which they rightly called his bluff on.

Here's another example of where Macgregor's analysis was massively incorrect.

In September 2022, he again predicted on Carlson's show that "this war may be over soon" and later in the month "the Ukrainian army is bled white, tens of thousands of Ukrainian troops have been killed or wounded, Ukraine is really on the ropes." This was just before Ukraine's offensive actions that took a huge swath of territory, including Lyman, in the north, followed almost immediately in October with the push that cleared the north bank of the Dniepr near Kherson.

I mean, really....could he have been any MORE wrong? And yet he's made almost monthly appearances on Fox News and continues to be cited as a speaker of "truth." I just sit here and shake my head at this nonsense.

Last edited:
It's quite pathetic how some are so desperate to argue against the war/for Russia that they rely on such weak individuals to justify their position. They are either desperate or delusional...or both.

Users who are viewing this thread