"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ukrainian pilots in Arizona working with U.S. military pilots... but sadly not actually flying....according to defense officials.

View: https://youtu.be/qhdIiz9aYCk

Just a thought, but if you add these to the Ukraine pilots in the UK who are already being trained in simulators for 'Nato standard aircraft'. You might have fairly quickly, a number of pilots sufficient to make a difference.
Simulators these days are very comprehensive and the amount of actual air time can be significantly reduced

There were some examples of this in Iraq. However back to the topic I thought that Bayonets were the first choice in these situations
When your Ka-Bar and/or bayonette is stuck in an enemy's chest/neck, you move on to the next available weapon at hand...

Addendum: I have my stepdad's empty Ka-Bar sheath, the knife was stuck in a Chinese soldier's head, so he resorted to his shovel. This was after his M1 Garand froze and would no longer work, and he had used up all the ammunition in chinese weapons he was able to get a hold of.
He was with Fox Company, 1st Marine division at the Battle of Chosin, Korea.

Last edited:
Oh, fuck.

A Maxim. On the front lines.

Now...

Both sides have been using the Maxim (or the Russian version of the Maxim, usually the 1910 model) in active combat since well before the start of the invasion.

A bunch of them popped up in service with DLR/LNR forces around 2015, usually hauled around in some version of a technical. Similarly some 'modernised' M1910s were in service with Ukraine prior to the invasion. My personal favourite:

When Russia did invade, Ukraine stripped the cupboard bare. A gun that can put a lot of lead down range relatively fast and controllably, and runs more reliably that a stone rolling downhill, is always going to be useful in SOME situation.

Article from 2020 on Maxims in and around Donestk: Ukrainian Troops Are Still Using This Pre-World War I-Era Maxim Machine Gun In Combat

Is anyone really surprised by this piece of news also reported in the UK

Both sides have been using the Maxim (or the Russian version of the Maxim, usually the 1910 model) in active combat since well before the start of the invasion.
Time to crowd fund for a comparable Vickers.

Last edited:
Those in the Dzhokhar Dudayev and similar battalions aside, I am surprised the Chechen people have not risen up to toss their government and avenge the multiple Russian invasions and attacks of Chechnya in the 1990s. There's never been a better opportunity since the fall of the USSR.

And for that matter, what's holding back the Georgians from taking back Abkhazia and South Ossetian? I wonder if NATO has asked them to stand down.

And for that matter, what's holding back the Georgians from taking back Abkhazia and South Ossetian? I wonder if NATO has asked them to stand down.
The Georgians themselves have backed out of opening a second front.

They had considered a vote late last summer, to see if the public would support going to war with Russia but it was put down by the Georgian government, which doesn't want to "rock the boat" with Moscow.

To be honest, now is the perfect time for Georgia, Moldova and a few other countries to boot Russian occupation to the curb.
Japan *could* even retake land occupied by the Soviets at the end of WWII, but since their constitution doesn't all offensive military action, that's off the table - although it could be claimed that it's a defensive action...78 years later! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back