"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When your Ka-Bar and/or bayonette is stuck in an enemy's chest/neck, you move on to the next available weapon at hand...

Addendum: I have my stepdad's empty Ka-Bar sheath, the knife was stuck in a Chinese soldier's head, so he resorted to his shovel. This was after his M1 Garand froze and would no longer work, and he had used up all the ammunition in chinese weapons he was able to get a hold of.
He was with Fox Company, 1st Marine division at the Battle of Chosin, Korea.
An entrenching tool is a dangerous weapon. "The Last Stand Of Fox Company" is a good book.

I suppose one benefit of the T-62 is you don't have the carousel of autoloader ammo below the crew? One downside is you need a fourth man to service the gun.

How many T-62s and its 115 mm gun does it take to destroy a Leopard 2 or Challenger 2?

_nc_ohc=QZK7DBFMvNIAX9cKN1G&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.jpg

Chally 1 looks huge beside the T-62. I'm reminded of this pic.

eb91fe562cd6b837807fa7fa0f13a6f7.jpg

Last edited:
LONDON, March 6 (Reuters) - The head of Russia's Wagner mercenary force said on Monday he needed the regular army to supply him with more ammunition, reinforcements and covering support if he was to win the months-long battle of attrition for Ukraine's Bakhmut.

The appeal from Wagner founder Yevgeny Prigozhin came amid signs of a deepening rift between him and the defence ministry whom he has bitterly criticised for months and accused of deliberately starving his men of ammunition, an allegation it has rejected.

[...]

Prigozhin, an ex-convict himself and a Putin ally, said on Friday that his units had "practically surrounded Bakhmut", where fighting has intensified in the past week after months of attritional warfare, with Russian forces attacking from three sides.

But on Monday he said that Ukraine had built up its own forces in surrounding towns and areas to try to push Wagner out of Bakhmut and that he needed help to take the city for Moscow.

"I'm knocking on all doors and sounding the alarm about ammunition and reinforcements, as well as the need to cover our flanks," he said in a statement released by his press service.

"If everyone is coordinated, without ambition, screw-ups and tantrums, and carries out this work, then we will block the armed forces of Ukraine. If not, then everyone will be screwed."

Prigozhin said earlier on Monday that his representative had been denied access to the headquarters of Russia's military command for Ukraine and was still not getting enough munitions despite repeated public complaints.

... and from The Hill:

The leader of Russia's Wagner private army complained of a lack of ammunition being provided by Moscow, and warned the Russian front line could collapse if they retreat from Bakhmut.

BBC News reported that the Wagner chief, Yevgeny Prigozhin, uploaded a video on Saturday saying that his troops were fearful they were being "set up" to be blamed if Russia lost its war with Ukraine. He said in the video that without his troops in Bakhmut, Russia's front line would collapse.

"If we step back, we will go down in history as the people who took the main step to lose the war," he said, per the BBC.

"If Wagner PMC [private military company] were to now retreat from Bakhmut, then the entire front — which PMC Wagner today is cementing — would crumble," he added.

In a separate post published Sunday, he said the shortage of ammunition could be due to "ordinary bureaucracy or a betrayal." He said most of the weapons committed last month have yet to be sent to his troops in Bakhmut and suggested the move could be deliberate.

Such talk of possible retreat will most certainly piss off Putin and the MoD. He may be walking on very thin ice.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Putin hasn't conscripted all the Wagner troops into the regular army and had Prigozhin disappeared. His usefulness is running out, as blaming Prigozhin for any general collapse makes the person who hired him, Putin look bad. Better to claim Prigozhin has died a hero's death and his brave lads have opted to join the Russian regulars.

In reply to the question "why is Georgia not rejecting Russian control" the answer appears to be "because pro-Russian politicians control the parliament."

Is there a way that they can assassinate Yevgeny Prigozhin? He's emboldened lately going to the front. Surely they can hit him with some Hymars or something? With him gone, that would be the end of the Wagner Group.

[Edit: I'm sure this has already been covered somewhere in the past 855 pages!]

Jim

I'm surprised that Putin hasn't conscripted all the Wagner troops into the regular army and had Prigozhin disappeared. His usefulness is running out, as blaming Prigozhin for any general collapse makes the person who hired him, Putin look bad. Better to claim Prigozhin has died a hero's death and his brave lads have opted to join the Russian regulars.

I share your surprise. Create a hero, induct more soldiers under MoD command, and who's to argue?

I think the only things stopping that may be 1) Wagner training may actually work better than Russian Army training, and/or 2) not having an alternate parent for any major defeat, as Prigozhin points out in the article I linked above.

I myself look at the Prig and think of Petain's reply to one of his cabinet ministers in 1941, after Hitler had visited trying to persuade Vichy to join the war against the UK: "I'm a lemon. They will squeeze me dry of juice and then discard me." My own opinion is that Prigozhin is in pretty much the same position -- only he doesn't have a country under charge.

Last edited:
Patriot in Ukraine, according to the Polish Minister of Defence.
(auto translate)

Edit:
Sorry, it was not confirmed. Probably, misinterpretation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back