"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No need for an equivalent of the Schweinfurt Raids against Russia….they're running out of balls (ball bearings, that is!) even without offensive action from Ukraine:

So at the end, ball bearings are a panacea target? Bomber Harris must be crawling back from its tomb.

So at the end, ball bearings are a panacea target? Bomber Harris must be crawling back from its tomb.
There are ball bearings and ball bearings.

Schweinfurt Raids had several issues. They resulted catastrophic in terms of bomber loses. Where not sustained in time to have any noticeable effect on ball bearing production. Germans had built up enormous reserves of ball bearings. Germany was receiving supplies from all over Europe. Apparently the Russians have no significant ball bearing reserves, nor are they receiving supplies from Europe.

There are ball bearings and ball bearings.

Schweinfurt Raids had several issues. They resulted catastrophic in terms of bomber loses. Where not sustained in time to have any noticeable effect on ball bearing production. Germans had built up enormous reserves of ball bearings. Germany was receiving supplies from all over Europe. Apparently the Russians have no significant ball bearing reserves, nor are they receiving supplies from Europe.
I know, just trying to be ironic but guess it didn't work. :dontknow:

I know, just trying to be ironic but guess it didn't work. :dontknow:
Not with me. :grin2:

Back to ball bearings, I guess that events like this (just 1 year ago) didn't help.

Russian ball bearing market in 2021.
Exports
In 2021, Russia exported $145M in Ball Bearings. The main destination of Ball Bearings exports from Russia are: Belarus ($49.9M), Kazakhstan ($29.3M), Chinese Taipei ($14.5M), Ukraine ($11.1M), and China ($8.41M).

Imports
In 2021, Russia imported $510M in Ball Bearings. Russia imports Ball Bearings primarily from: Germany ($81.6M), Kazakhstan ($59.3M), Malaysia ($57.8M), China ($42.5M), and United States ($29.8M).

Russian ball bearing market in 2021.
Exports
In 2021, Russia exported $145M in Ball Bearings. The main destination of Ball Bearings exports from Russia are: Belarus ($49.9M), Kazakhstan ($29.3M), Chinese Taipei ($14.5M), Ukraine ($11.1M), and China ($8.41M).
Interesting, selling ball bearings to both RoC and PRC.

Obviously 14.5 million USD is small change for russian exports but what else Rusia export to RoC? Could President Eleven use the leverage China has over Rusia to cut other exports to Taipei?

Last edited:

U.S. intelligence warned the Ukrainian military that the city of Bakhmut was likely to be encircled in January and that armies should fall back.

The revelation comes from the slate of classified documents released by Air National Guardsman Jack Teixeira on social media sites last month and analyzed by The Washington Post.

Teixiera was arrested earlier this month on charges of releasing classified military information, first to friends on Discord and elsewhere.

A military assessment labeled "top secret" said that consistent Russian advances were making the city hard to defend, and put the Ukrainian army "at risk of encirclement, unless they withdraw within the next month."

But Ukraine continued to defend anyway, with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy holding up Bakhmut — in the country's northeast — as more than just a city, but a national symbol of resistance to the Russian invasion. Zelenskyy visited the city last month, long after the U.S. intelligence warnings, and Ukraine has been able to maintain control of the city.

Thee is something odd about this incident, why only one explosion? The story as I understand it is that the aircraft was in trouble and had to drop its weapons. Nearly every example I can think of normally involves more than one weapon. Secondly, why was the weapon armed, they are normally armed before being dropped on targets.

Is this just me

Thee is something odd about this incident, why only one explosion? The story as I understand it is that the aircraft was in trouble and had to drop its weapons. Nearly every example I can think of normally involves more than one weapon. Secondly, why was the weapon armed, they are normally armed before being dropped on targets.

Is this just me
first - store release not necessary must be done symmetrically (single or salvo settings are available), second - if it was FAB500, movie suggesting that store has been separated in safe mode (setting unexploded) - in a case of explosion of the bomb of such caliber probably building on the right side have been at least partially destroyed as well most of the vehicles in radius at least 50m....
FlpNzoZXkAkNLpf?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

remote safety pin release is visible at the front and back (cables hanging from the store's pylon)...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back