"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

you are wrong - FR army has used mixed type of units for the invasion but most of used are pretty much " elite" - west simply overestimating Russian army - they did it during cold war and we are keep repeating the same mistake. Just dont try to be oversophisticated in this matter - what you are seeing in news is pretty much real picture of their armed forces.

J P C - I've heard things like this before from others who lived within the former Warsaw Pact. With that said and with the Ukraine being part of the former USSR, I would guess this is recognized and obviously exploited by the Ukrainian forces. Do you think this why we find the Russians attacking civilian targets?

couple reasons - 1) civilian targets are easy ones, 2)they are unable to win with ukrainian army and trying to discharge their frustration, 3)their action is fully purposely directed to create shock within civilian population, 4) most important -russian army consist of creatures with mentality of mongolian horde - human posture is out of scope for most of them

It would be nice to bury Vlad in Laurel and Hardy plaid.

Actually, burying him in drag would be more apropos, IMHO. A nice, figure-hugging red dress covered in sparkly sequins, with matching 6-inch stilettos. Clearly, he'd need a full wig…and make-up plastered on with a trowel.

Naturally, as with all Soviet leaders, his body should be held in state so that the people could file past and pay their last disrespects. The period of in state mourning should continue until the ENTIRE Russian population has seen him in-person.

Am I over-thinking this?

Last edited:
With as bad as their equipment seems to be I wake at night thinking about their NUKES.
It's got to cost some to maintain nuclear forces. Putin screwed up and now his "legion of liberation" has to be using more, now limited, resources. Vlad also has to maintain the front line stuff facing NATO.
Egg carton tank armor. Stealing civilian transport to move men and equipment because his military transport has requisitioned by the Ukrainian Ministry of Agriculture. Yeah, I'm worried too. A military that shells nuclear power stations probably hasn't read the latest OSHA bulletins too thoroughly.

Last edited:
As long as he just goes.

I spent many evenings with my future father-in-law (who is former Bulgarian Army), discussing the Russian's and their mind-set.
He exclaimed that they are all "villagers and peasants" and have no culture and no decency.
He exclaimed that they are like lost children unless they are told what to do.

The more Rakia we shared, the harsher was his opinion of Russians!

With as bad as their equipment seems to be I wake at night thinking about their NUKES.
I wonder if the Russian nukes are even maintained and operational. Their military seems a shambles. Not that I want to test that inquiry.
If we are lucky perhaps their nukes would explode on the launchers.
IIRC the Russian depend on some hyper reactive fuel that is highly corrosive. Are they being maintained? Of course you just need a few to work.

Last edited:
4) most important -russian army consist of creatures with mentality of mongolian horde - human posture is out of scope for most of them
It's too bad the Weimar Republic didn't work out, as I believe Britain, France, Italy, Germany and Poland may well have joined forces by the 1940s to counter an expansionist Stalin. We could have been shod of Russian aggression by now.

It's too bad the Weimar Republic didn't work out, as I believe Britain, France, Italy, Germany and Poland may well have joined forces by the 1940s to counter an expansionist Stalin. We could have been shod of Russian aggression by now.
could be... - i dont like "what if" style historical dyvagations - it usually lead us nowhere because of number of variables influencing series of events.

I am looking for an opinion from everyone about the Polish Mig transfer situation. I understand the escalation argument and the explanation delivered by Gen Wolters that the reward for such a risky venture was low, in that, the impact of Ukraine's ability to defend itself would not be enhanced by the few additional Migs. I am looking for people's opinion on the tactical situation that Wolters then presented. He said that the anti-aircraft and anti-tank weapons systems were more beneficial for the Ukrainian tactical situation than aircraft.

You guys have demonstrated a much greater knowledge of modern weapon systems and modern warfare than I have, what do you guys think of Wolters' assessment?

I think that having the Mig-29s would be a serious morale booster for the Ukrainians while the aircraft survived, but would not have a major effect otherwise on the outcome of the war. The Ukrainians would need many more aircraft to effect the outcome. The problem is that the Ukrainians could not feasibly create a large enough air force to counter the RF assets - the air-to-air regime is probably the area of greatest difference in capability between the two nations. The MANPADS is a far more effective system for the Ukrainians in terms of hurting the RF air force - as long as they do not get cut off from supply and are able to deploy them. Large numbers of drones and the equipment to support them, along with the munitions for them, would be a better investment for the Ukrainians than the Mig-29s, though probably somewhat frustrating.

The MANPATS is in a similar position to effect the RF ground forces. The Ukrainians would need a large number of tanks to counter the RF armoured units - while surviving the threat from the RF aircraft, attack helicopters, tanks, and enemy MANPATS. The Ukrainian MANPATS teams will take out far more enemy vehicles for a given amount of manpower and material cost.

The comparisons that are being made to the USSR / Afghanistan war is IMO a good one, with similar land areas and populations, and with the added factors that the Ukraine has a far larger and more organized military than the Afghans had at the start of their war - and has far better communications and near realtime intelligence sources.

Users who are viewing this thread