"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another update...Russia can take over the assets of foreign companies who've ceased Russian operations:

Putin says the Russian government can take over the assets of foreign companies pulling out of Russia.

He says Russia can "introduce external management" of those businesses closing their production facilities, and then "hand these enterprises to those who are willing to work."

"We'll find a legal way to do this," he says.

The world economy is entwined.

By trying to wreck the Russian economy it has side effects. Especially with oil and raw material. And Russia may now default on its debt.

Maybe you will accept higher petrol prices but many other will not.

It's now longer if but when the Western economy feels a very sharp pinch. Especially trying to recover from lock down.

I read economy news and then wish I don't.

And yet the pinch of oil prices promises to put back into production many fracking/tar-sand operations in America which only turn a profit at +$45/ibbl.

I get that my views on feeling the pinch ain't shared by all. Okay.

And yet the pinch of oil prices promises to put back into production many fracking/tar-sand operations in America which only turn a profit at +$45/ibbl.

I get that my views on feeling the pinch ain't shared by all. Okay.
Ready, willing and able to take one for the team, Sir!
I've been fortunate all my life. I'll deal with some discomfort.

Ready, willing and able to take one for the team, Sir!
I've been fortunate all my life. I'll deal with some discomfort.

We each have the privilege of not being bombarded and/or assaulted. Who am I to complain about gas prices when two million Ukrainians have left everything in life behind to avoid death and destruction?

Pa Thump used to say, "If you can throw money at it, is it really a problem?" In this case, absolutely not -- for those of us lucky enough to not live in the war-zone. That sense of perspective is important and one that we Americans should keep in mind.

0F989D77-ED91-4E7D-B5A5-8D9DEA12CBC1.jpeg

I have a friend who is a die hard conspiracy theorist, into the illuminati, believed there were CIA run bio labs in the Ukraine, etc. Up until a week ago she believed the whole war was fake and it was being perpetrated by the "Left Wing Media." Finally changed her tune when some other politicians she was supporting realized they were on the wrong side of public opinion and now came out in support of Ukraine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back