"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Perhaps we should send the ukrainians more John Deere and less MiG so they can steal russian equipment faster.
That would be a good idea!

Also, I was just reading where Russians were stealing fuel from farmers for their vehicles, but the Farmers put chemicals in the fuel in their farm's storage containers, so it ends up disabling the Russian's engines! 😄

That would be a good idea!

Also, I was just reading where Russians were stealing fuel from farmers for their vehicles, but the Farmers put chemicals in the fuel in their farm's storage containers, so it ends up disabling the Russian's engines! 😄
"chemicals" are simply sugar - it is dissoluting in fuel and than chocking fuel system elements.

The oil ban is a point.

Russian Oil is not covered in the sanction so it's open to buy.

So banning is on a country to country option. So the price of petrol is high and getting higher which will have a knock on effect to the economy especially after the COVID lockdown.

Banning Russian Oil is a good idea for Ukraine but bad for the country buying it. The price of oil is already high and it's getting higher driving up inflation and the cost of living.

We are living in interesting times and no mistake.

If oil is the only card Putin can play then removing it can be a game changer.

There are countries like India that are on the fence for reasons. If Putin goes nuts then it does risk what allies he has. Especially if chemical weapons are used.

As J_P_C said, it's simple sugar. Clogs the fuel filters and injectors and will cause the diesel to stop running.
Then it's just a case of hooking up to a tractor to tow it somewhere safe so the lines can be backflushed and the filters changed. Voila, new owner.
Worst case is the fuel pump will be damaged.

No. As I noted above, it's infuriating, the bureaucratese being practiced by our American government, to the point of allowing the Pentagon to dictate foreign policy.

I'm not sure that's what we're seeing here. While I haven't worked in the Pentagon, I have seen the relationship between the State Dept and Combatant Commands...and the military never acts without State Dept approval and doesn't dictate anything to the State Dept. That kind of thing just doesn't fly because, at the end of the day, the Pentagon can't dictate anything outside its own area of responsibility.

As noted before, flying a combat aircraft from NATO territory into Ukraine could be perceived/deliberately misconstrued as an attack and, in the heat of the moment, something stupid could happen where Russian forces fire into a NATO nation. Is that really what we want to see happen?

Recall the Iranian shootdown of a Ukrainian airliner in 2020, which was hit by the same SA-15 missile systems that we're seeing in Ukraine. That event resulted, in part, from Iranian fears of incoming cruise missiles. Imagine if Russian/Belarusian air defenders near the borders with NATO are getting itchy trigger fingers. What's the chance that a similar mistake might not happen if they're worried about an incoming NATO attack?

I recognize everyone's frustration, indeed I share a lot of it. But flying a combat aircraft from NATO territory is something very different than driving trucks of munitions over the border. It will look different to Russian forces and their response may be disproportionate (that's what we're seeing every day with the shelling of civilian areas in Ukraine). Expansion of this ugly, terrible war would be much worse.

Last edited:
The oil ban is a point.

Russian Oil is not covered in the sanction so it's open to buy.

So banning is on a country to country option. So the price of petrol is high and getting higher which will have a knock on effect to the economy especially after the COVID lockdown.

Banning Russian Oil is a good idea for Ukraine but bad for the country buying it. The price of oil is already high and it's getting higher driving up inflation and the cost of living.

We are living in interesting times and no mistake.

If oil is the only card Putin can play then removing it can be a game changer.

There are countries like India that are on the fence for reasons. If Putin goes nuts then it does risk what allies he has. Especially if chemical weapons are used.

Although UAE has offered to increase production, which resulted in an immediate and substantial fall in the price of crude. Now, how long that might take to reach the pumps is a different question (oil companies are always quick to raise prices but seem to take a lot longer to reduce them).

I recognize everyone's frustration, indeed I share a lot of it. But flying a combat aircraft from NATO territory is something very different than driving trucks of munitions over the border. It will look different to Russian forces and their response may be disproportionate (that's what we're seeing every day with the shelling of civilian areas in Ukraine). Expansion of this ugly, terrible war would be much worse.

Frustration is exactly what it is with me; I hate seeing the Ukrainians suffer so, and equally I hate seeing the gallantry of their men and women underarms go to waste due to some schlub in DC whose worst crisis today will be paying $75 to fill up his SUV.

As for weapons sales, they are indeed a matter of foreign policy in American government, which falls under the purview of the State Dept. DoD can advise, but cannot bar, unless the technology being transferred is under an export ban to the country in question.

I understand the reasoning, and yes, I can see how such a donation, flown in, could be seen as offensive on a radar-screen even if it's an unarmed redeployment.

The price of Nickel has gone loopy as I will give u 3 guesses who is the major source for Nickel.

I tell you that economically we are all in such a very tight squeeze.

It's just going nuts.

We could be in for a bumpy ride.

That's what happens when you remove a huge country from the world economy with little notice or planning. It can't be helped.

The only thing that'll bite, for me, are the gas prices, because I live a ways out in the country. Even that will be manageable, and given what the Ukrainians are suffering, I'll bite the bullet in the hope that this further cripples ole Vlad the Imposter.

The world economy is entwined.

By trying to wreck the Russian economy it has side effects. Especially with oil and raw material. And Russia may now default on its debt.

Maybe you will accept higher petrol prices but many other will not.

It's now longer if but when the Western economy feels a very sharp pinch. Especially trying to recover from lock down.

I read economy news and then wish I don't.

Looks to me like Poutine is setting up for a chemical attack. First, he publicly accuses the US of manufacturing chemical weapons in the Ukraine. Next, IMO he will use them himself under the cover of having destroyed the satanic WMD facilities. Any chemical releases will be the west's fault.

Looks to me like Poutine is setting up for a chemical attack. First, he publicly accuses the US of manufacturing chemical weapons in the Ukraine. Next, IMO he will use them himself under the cover of having destroyed the satanic WMD facilities. Any chemical releases will be the west's fault.

There have also been Russian news reports of Ukrainians stockpiling materials to counter chemical weapons, the inference being that Ukraine is going to launch a chem attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back