"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (40 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lukashanko probably attended tea time with Putin while visiting Moscow...

Either way, I don't see him lasting much longer and of course, Putin will roll into Belarus to "help stabilize" the country, which will be a wrong move both because his forces are stretched thin, especially at a time of the pending Ukraine offensive and because Belarusians have had enough of dictators.

Waaayyy back the US Army experts predicted that the Ukrainians would take a year to master one of the American weapons and they took less than two months.

Now do you want to make a more realistic guess.

Come fall I would not be surprised if the Ukrainians were making 8 or 10 a week and had dozens in actual service.

It looks as if the Storm Shadow is already being used by Ukriane

Shadow cruise missiles have been fired for the first time by Ukrainian forces, hitting Russian supply depots located 80 miles behind the frontline.

The missile attacks on Friday and Saturday destroyed a factory in Luhansk City used by the Russian army as a depot to store military equipment.

Luhansk City was considered by Russian forces to be beyond the range of Ukrainian firepower.

They used it as a supply hub, for soldiers to rest and recover, and to host visiting Russian dignitaries who did not want to get too close to the fighting.

Videos showed a giant fireball and thick, black smoke billowing up into the sky, while photos published by Russian media showed an alleged fragment of missile casing inscribed with the "Storm Shadow" name.

...while photos published by Russian media showed an alleged fragment of missile casing inscribed with the "Storm Shadow" name...

How coincidental that out of the many surviving fragments, they just happened to find the one small piece that just happened to have the weapon's nickname inscribed on the inside.

The Kinzhal intercepted last week was actually targeting a Patriot batery. The Kinzhal was apparently intercepted by a Patriot from that same batery.
So much for the RussIan Wunderwaffe hypersonic missiles.

Now, how about some Ariete tanks from Italy?

How many? Eight? Ten?
About as many Challengers, so fourteen? Problem with the Oplot is the turret pop from the carousel auto loader, same as all T-64 and T-72 derived tanks. It's a dead end design.

Last edited:
Now how about some Ariete tanks from Italy?

About as many Challengers, so fourteen? Problem with the Oplot is the turret pop from the carousel auto loader, same as all T-64 and T-72 derived tanks. It's a dead end design.
The ammunition in the Oplot is carried in a blow-out bustle.

"The tank weighed 48 tons, had a crew of 3 men and excellent mobility with the maximum speed of up to 65-75 km/h. It was armed with a 125mm KBA-3 smoothbore gun (copy of the 2A46M-1) with 40 rounds in an improved automatic loading mechanism, located in the turret bustle and separated from the crew compartment by an armored plate, finally correcting one of the most obvious flaws of the T-80 tank."

Last edited:
And NATO is at risk with countries like Turkey able to freeze certain activities.

From my reading today:

Polls show Erdogan trailing the main opposition candidate Kemal Kilicdaroglu a day ahead of one of the most consequential elections in Turkey's modern history. However, if neither of them win more than 50% of the vote and secure an outright win, the vote will go to a runoff on May 28.

Voters will also elect a new parliament, likely a tight race between the People's Alliance comprising Erdogan's conservative Islamist-rooted AK Party (AKP) and the nationalist MHP and others, and Kilicdaroglu's Nation Alliance formed of six opposition parties, including his secularist Republican People's Party (CHP), established by Turkey's founder Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.

I think much of Turkey's relationship with NATO relies upon whether or not Erdogan is reelected. If he is reelected, I suspect that this worsening trend will continue. I think too that if he is supplanted, that trend may change.

I don't believe either presidential candidate wants to be seen as a puppet, but right now Erdogan is courting closest that aooearance with his decisionin'.

Because Putin has been supplying Turkey with squillions of litres of natural gas (and some arms) on credit for several years there is unlikely to be any swing toward properly supporting NATO as the moment that happens Putin will cut the gas and demand payment.

Having all their natural gas shut off would not go down well with the population and I believe that will be the deciding factor to keep Turkey on Russia's side of the fence, regardless of any incoming governments actual wishes.

I would really love to be proven wrong and for Turkey to ship all its useful Russian arms to Ukraine, and they have lots, but I will not hold my breath.

How coincidental that out of the many surviving fragments, they just happened to find the one small piece that just happened to have the weapon's nickname inscribed on the inside.
To be fair, the bit that survived with the name on is possibly the most solid bit of the missile. I believe it's one of the mounting lugs.

Because Putin has been supplying Turkey with squillions of litres of natural gas (and some arms) on credit for several years there is unlikely to be any swing toward properly supporting NATO as the moment that happens Putin will cut the gas and demand payment.

Having all their natural gas shut off would not go down well with the population and I believe that will be the deciding factor to keep Turkey on Russia's side of the fence, regardless of any incoming governments actual wishes.

I would really love to be proven wrong and for Turkey to ship all its useful Russian arms to Ukraine, and they have lots, but I will not hold my breath.

Oh, I'm not expecting any devotion to Ukraine coming from this hypothetical change in Turkish governance. I think the best outcome would be Turkey dropping its objection to Sweden's joining NATO.

Russia still has the Turks by the short hairs regarding energy supplies, and aside from Sweden's accession to NATO I don't think much will change.

The only other benefit might be allowing Turkish popular opinion to gain more gravitas, but I don't know enough to say that would be useful.

To be fair, the bit that survived with the name on is possibly the most solid bit of the missile. I believe it's one of the mounting lugs.
Typically, most western ordnance has MIL-SPEC or comparable (depending on nation) inventory designations stenciled on the piece, not it's associated name.

A small but possibly useful point about the Storm Shadow. There was some speculation regarding the ability of the Storm Shadow being modified to launch from the ground.
I think the UK version is only air launched, but the French version can be used from ships and submarines. It might not be easy but my guess is that its a good chance that this could be modified to fire from land.

If the Germans could modify an air-launched weapon to be deployed from mobile ground units, the Ukrainians could easily do the same.

4755a28c512a1c0c18563ca8f1ecb5d6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back