"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (9 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have been on holiday for a couple of weeks and found my internet failing when I returned but here is one thing that has impressed me, and that is the accuracy of the Storm Shadow missile system.
The submarine that was hit in the docks. Its a pretty small target yet was hit twice. The landing ship was hit, and the attack yesterday on the Black Sea Headquarters that was hit by I believe three missiles and no misses. Russia claims to have shot a lot down and no doubt some have been hit, but a lot seem to be getting through. It, like the HIMARS seem to be very impressive piece of equipment.
Regarding the attack on the Naval Headquarters, if only one person is missing Russia must have been extremely lucky. An attack mid week, mid day and with little warning, that building would have been full of officers and just as importantly, their staff.

I have been on holiday for a couple of weeks and found my internet failing when I returned but here is one thing that has impressed me, and that is the accuracy of the Storm Shadow missile system.
The submarine that was hit in the docks. Its a pretty small target yet was hit twice. The landing ship was hit, and the attack yesterday on the Black Sea Headquarters that was hit by I believe three missiles and no misses. Russia claims to have shot a lot down and no doubt some have been hit, but a lot seem to be getting through. It, like the HIMARS seem to be very impressive piece of equipment.
Regarding the attack on the Naval Headquarters, if only one person is missing Russia must have been extremely lucky. An attack mid week, mid day and with little warning, that building would have been full of officers and just as importantly, their staff.

Storm Shadow/Scalp-EG is a good piece of kit. Here's a vid of one of the missiles hitting the target:

View: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-66898073

WARSAW, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Poland's prime minister told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on Friday not to "insult" Poles, maintaining harsh rhetoric towards Kyiv after the Polish president had sought to defuse a simmering row over grain imports.

Poland decided last week to extend a ban on Ukrainian grain imports, shaking Kyiv's relationship with a neighbour that has been seen as one of its staunchest allies since Russia invaded Ukraine in February last year.

Zelenskiy angered his neighbours when he told the United Nations General Assembly in New York that Kyiv was working to preserve land routes for grain exports, but that the "political theatre" around grain imports was only helping Moscow.

"I... want to tell President Zelenskiy never to insult Poles again, as he did recently during his speech at the U.N.," Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki told an election rally.

Poland holds a parliamentary election on Oct. 15, and Morawiecki's ruling nationalist Law and Justice (PiS) party has come in for criticism from the far right for what it says is the government's subservient attitude to Ukraine.

A rather worrying report if your Russian

Russian independent investigative outlet IStories (or Important Stories) and the war monitoring project Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT) have used publicly released data related to the deaths of draftees from the "partial mobilization" announced a year ago to draw up a report on the Russian casualties.

According to Newsweek, around 300,000 military personnel were called up in Putin's mobilization order in 2022, and after suffering heavy losses, some Moscow officials sent out yet another military summons.

The reports from IStories and CIT state that "more than half of the dead [who were] mobilized lived at the front for less than 5 months," and every fifth person who died did not live even two months at the frontlines. Their report further states that only four of the mobilized troops who died in Ukraine lasted more than 11 months before being killed at the frontlines.

This is in some ways supported by the UK MOD
Recently, the U.K.'s Ministry of Defense (MOD) shared an intelligence update that, according to Newsweek, described how Russian troops are suffering from low morale because they are not receiving adequate breaks from the frontlines, something the reports from IStories and CITl have also noted
"The absence of regular unit rotations out of combat duty is highly likely one of the most important factors contributing to low Russian morale, and the Russian Army's failure to conduct higher-level training since the invasion... The lack of such training is highly likely contributing to Russia's difficulties in conducting successful complex offensive operations," MOD's update states

WARSAW, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Poland's prime minister told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on Friday not to "insult" Poles, maintaining harsh rhetoric towards Kyiv after the Polish president had sought to defuse a simmering row over grain imports.

Poland decided last week to extend a ban on Ukrainian grain imports, shaking Kyiv's relationship with a neighbour that has been seen as one of its staunchest allies since Russia invaded Ukraine in February last year.

Zelenskiy angered his neighbours when he told the United Nations General Assembly in New York that Kyiv was working to preserve land routes for grain exports, but that the "political theatre" around grain imports was only helping Moscow.

"I... want to tell President Zelenskiy never to insult Poles again, as he did recently during his speech at the U.N.," Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki told an election rally.

Poland holds a parliamentary election on Oct. 15, and Morawiecki's ruling nationalist Law and Justice (PiS) party has come in for criticism from the far right for what it says is the government's subservient attitude to Ukraine.

in Poland guy who is calling himself prime minister has nick name Pinokio - probably you will be able to guess why. And below is photo from PM office - official...
1695489690317.png

1695489745744.png

Guy in left is head of ruling party - J. Kaczynski - he has no family, no banking account and no driving license, but he is shaping reality in my country since 8 years.
Please not to mistake this guys with voice of polish nation.

Possibly one of the most speculative studies that I've ever read and in some places, a mathematical travesty.:mad:
It is actually right in a number of ways. British troops had a lot of training in WW1 before going to the front. Also when they were in the front they were rotated out on a surprisingly regular basis.
Clearly if you were in the front line when an attack was ordered your chances of being killed and injured were exceptionally high something that is undeniable, but most of the time this wasn't the case.

Russian forces are experiencing what looks like the worst of both worlds. Little training, being thrown in the deep end and having little if any rotation or leave.

What must be worrying China is that Russia, whose weapons are the basis of a fair amount of China's equipment is suffering huge losses in people and equipment. Are basically being hammered by equipment that is often second line. Leopard 2, Challenger and even M1's (when they arrive) are all to be replaced in the near future. Storm Shadows which were purchased decades ago and are in a lot of cases being used by Ukraine as they are reaching the end of their shelf life and would have to be destroyed anyway. The same applies to the M1 Bradley and a lot of the Artillery both towed and self propelled is out of date. Starstreak AA missiles were out of production and the Gepard AA tanks were replaced my more modern equipment in NATO army's.

There are of course exceptions to this but it does apply to a lot of the kit Ukraine have been given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back