"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1500 Pages. Well. On one hand, I'd like to thank all the contributors and the extremely patient moderators. This forum is absolutely my go-to for all Ukraine invasion-related news. On the OTHER hand, that means that Ukraine is still suffering under an unprovoked, neo-imperialist land grab by a bitter, ex-Chekist, little dictator with a Stalin fetish. I pray that there is no need for this forum to reach the next milestone (whatever that may be), because the war will be in the past, Russia will be clearly and unarguably defeated, and a shattered country and its people will be starting their long road to recovery
Slava Ukraina!

''...As Moscow continues its unrelenting scorched earth policy across Ukraine – bombing population centres and targeting cities – the brave Ukrainian people are steadfast and resolute. They will not falter. Can the same be said about Russians, as Ukraine rightly steps up legitimate attacks within Russia's borders?..''

I think that depends on election results.
I don't know…. the current issue of The Economist suggests that even with the current administration the latest US aid package may be the last.

IMG_3127.png

Last edited:
Excellent point regarding the post containing Not sure if the lefty editors at.....

I get my daily news from multiple sites in an effort to filter out some of the biases (perceptions).

Two Australian, one British, one German, three US with an occasional Canadian and Kiwi source. There was a great Kiwi source I used to go to because it had stories almost every day of things happening in Aus that were not reported here but then they started to insert neoMaori in to every story at every possible chance and I am too old and have no interest in learning that.

Back when Maria LePen was making her run for France's presidency about half the news outlets I read called her left wing and the other half called her right wing.

Perception is in the eye of the beholder.

Other perceptions -
  • the P-39 was the greatest aircraft ever built - or not,
  • the Japanese copied everything (I would love to find the time machine they used to copy things before other people invented them),
  • etc.
I have always had a difficult time finding sources which are balanced with a high level of factuality. I worked as a paramedic for 43 years and was always amazed how much differently a story was reported on the news vs. what I had seen in person.
Recently, I started subscribing to a service called Ground News. I would call it an aggregation service, but it shows the story and how the story is being reported - the level of factuality and the bias especially. It brings together sources (mostly English language) all over the world. I have found it quite useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back