"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree that it is very belated.

By me saying it's a bold move, is indicating that those assclowns are actually doing something constructive for the better good for all.

All Ukraine has ever asked, is that we support them while they're doing the heavy lifting. If we fail them, not only will their blood be on our hands, but we will eventually have to power-check the Putler with our own people and it will be a far messier affair.

I'm pretty sure I wrote it much earlier in this thread that I'd love to see my beloved 7th Bomb Wing issuing a SAC reply. Absent that, you're absolutely right, that supporting Ukraine is defending the West on the first line of main resistance. We owe them everything we can give because while we're spending money, they're spending blood.

Sometimes the only language someone understands is a good punch to the face. The Ukrainians are issuing that, but damn, I wish we could add more sinew to it. Those folk have suffered so much on our behalf.

I haven't checked into DPRK's army order of battle, but I can say with some certainty that they will lose control of the air in a day or two of combat. If Kim is going to stir the pot, he's gonna need a bigger spoon.
Read this yesterday (in spanish but you can translate it with the browser). Tha air force and armoured means are crap but plenty of bodies to throw to the fight and 8,600 artillery pieces and 5,500 artillery rocket launchers (of course, including pieces designed during the Second World War) and don't forget that Seoul is near the border, so much damage can be done and a heavy death toll can be expected.

The navy is one of the biggest in the world (by numbers) with plenty of missile launcher patrol boats of various sizes, semi-submersible vessels, hovercraft and gunboats that could hugg the coast and make infiltrations and use swarm tactics to swamp the defenses:

While I don't want to go into a political discussion, some UCAV developments worry me.

Not sure how political it is, but my son who does artillery fire-control in the Marines tells me that the press to drones for passive purposes is strong. And the Air Force recently flew its Sec'y in an AI F-16 against a human-piloted F-16 in a mock dogfight.

I can think of some big worries about this, but we must face the fact that this is the future.

A quote by Harold Urey back in 1950 - shortly after the USSR detonated their first atomic bomb:

"There's only one thing worse than one nation having the atomic bomb, that's two nations having it."

He was wrong - there are actually two things worse than one nation having the atomic bomb. One is two nations having it as Urey states - the other is when the one nation that has it is your enemy.

Substitute usable AI and drones for the atomic bomb in the above statement(s) - et voilà.

This was the plan, but it failed. Here in Canada there are thousands of Ukrainian men of military age who fled in 2022-2023.

Paywall free: Ukrainian men living abroad feel conflicted about returning home as w…

There are enough Ukrainian young men abroad to double the size of Ukraine's current armed forces. If they won't come home, Ukraine will have no choice other than to draft everyone who stayed behind, so women and old men... and perhaps increasingly mercenaries and foreign volunteers. And the longer these Ukrainian men stay abroad and create new lives, the odds of them ever returning to Ukraine increasingly decline.

Last edited:
"Ukraine may use Belgian weapons to hit targets in Russia," said Michel Hofman, Chief of Defense of the Belgian Army, in his last interview with VRT NWS.
Later in the interview he added "The Belgian F-16s can also be deployed for defense and to attack Russian targets if necessary."

Its in Dutch but you can translate.

Unfortunately, on July 4, Michel Hofman will resign as Chief of Defense of the Belgian Army, but its a start.

This was the plan, but it failed. Here in Canada there are thousands of Ukrainian men of military age who fled in 2022-2023.

Imperfect implementation is a far cry from not doing it at all, and to be fair, I think in the early days of the war, the Ukrainian police organs were probably a little preoccupied. How would you have stemmed that tide? How many Ukrainians abroad were there before the war? How would you forcibly repatriate them, or otherwise entice them home?

If they won't come home, Ukraine will have no choice other than to draft everyone who stayed behind, so women and old men... and perhaps increasingly mercenaries and foreign volunteers.

They're getting ready to institute a draft, and they've been accepting foreign volunteers since this mess kicked off.

How would you forcibly repatriate them, or otherwise entice them home?
IDK. It comes down to how connected the expats feel to Ukraine. If Ukraine is in their blood and soul, forcible repatriation is likely unnecessary. For example, when in Oct 2023 Israel was attacked, thousands of Israelis across the world rushed home to defend the homeland.

NEW YORK/DUBAI, Oct 12 (Reuters) - Some were on their honeymoon, others were studying abroad, many were building new lives in foreign countries. But when Israel called up its reservists, and declared war this week, the response was swift and overwhelming. "Everyone is coming. No one is saying no," said Yonatan Steiner, 24, who flew back from New York, where he works for a tech company. https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...sh-home-following-hamas-bloodshed-2023-10-12/

But this is easy for me to write. I'm a British-born, mid-50s age Canadian. If Britain was attacked in the 1990s and demanded all UK men of fighting age return to Britain to enlist, well I may have refused, IDK. Of course if it's a NATO Article 5 event, I may well have been called up into the Canadian forces and found myself fighting for the Crown anyway.

As Golda Mior said, "We Jews have a secret weapon in our struggle with the Arabs; we have no place to go." If the Ukrainians instead feel, "sod this, I'm going to make a new life for myself and my family in the West", much like my wife's Ukrainian grandparents who fled to Canada in the 1920s and 30s, then the UAF is not going to get its young men.

If so, postwar, repopulating Ukraine and reversing its demographic timebomb will be a major challenge.

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday threatened to send weapons to North Korea if South Korea delivers arms to Ukraine, as tensions spike following a new treaty between Moscow and Pyongyang.

Speaking to reporters in Hanoi, Vietnam, after visiting North Korea and cementing the treaty with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un that includes a mutual defense pact, Putin said South Korea has nothing to worry about so long as it didn't invade Pyongyang.

"As for the supply of lethal weapons to the combat zone in Ukraine, this would be a very big mistake," he said. "I hope this doesn't happen. If this happens, then we, too, will make appropriate decisions that are unlikely to please the current leadership of South Korea."

So you're digging up fifty-year old tanks for combat in Ukraine. What are you gonna send DPRK, pocket-knives?

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday threatened to send weapons to North Korea if South Korea delivers arms to Ukraine, as tensions spike following a new treaty between Moscow and Pyongyang.

Speaking to reporters in Hanoi, Vietnam, after visiting North Korea and cementing the treaty with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un that includes a mutual defense pact, Putin said South Korea has nothing to worry about so long as it didn't invade Pyongyang.

"As for the supply of lethal weapons to the combat zone in Ukraine, this would be a very big mistake," he said. "I hope this doesn't happen. If this happens, then we, too, will make appropriate decisions that are unlikely to please the current leadership of South Korea."

So you're digging up fifty-year old tanks for combat in Ukraine. What are you gonna send DPRK, pocket-knives?
Isn't NK sending Russia all its artillery ammo right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back