All the Fine Young Men (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The B-29 is familiar to me but I frankly think that the B-17 looks much more graceful than the B-29.
Our airmen would have felt more chivalry in fighting with her.

Thanks for sharing bobbysocks!

had there been land where they could have been based closer to mainland japan they might have been in the pacific. it was stretch for mustangs to get there and back so i dont think 17s or 24s had the range. would have been interesting to see how that match up would have been tho.

had there been land where they could have been based closer to mainland japan they might have been in the pacific. it was stretch for mustangs to get there and back so i dont think 17s or 24s had the range. would have been interesting to see how that match up would have been tho.

The location is called Okinawa. And 5th and 7th AF B25's and B24's were already using it to bomb the southern parts of Japan.

Note - B17's were flat out not going to be used in the Pacific after Germany had surrendered. They didnt have the range or bomb load that was required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back