Allied plans in case the Soviet Union was defeated

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

".... You are frequentely trying to mock me, don't say this."

If you take the time to review my threads/posts, Jenisch, you will find that I frequently "mock" a lot of people on this Forum. I usually do it - as I did in your case - with a :). It's called humor. Please do not take offense - I'm NOT singling out just YOU. :)

MM

Sorry Michael, I was too harsh with you.

About my ideas, well, I like to test new ideas, challenge the widely accepted views. For example, on this subject the Western historiography usually considerates that the Nazi Germany defeat was directly connected with the Soviet resistance. This view can be certainly disputed, since plans like Operation Pike and the lack of faith from the Allies in the Soviet survival are clear indicators they would not be necessarily hopeless in case Stalin was defeated. While for Stalin and his country, obviously the things would not be very good.

On the subject again: do you guys think the Soviets would be able to mount an effective scorched earth policy based in their historical one in case defeat was apparent? Perhaps a retreat to the East to continue resistance with Lend-Lease supplies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back