Allied Silver-Match (Biplanes)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beautiful and deadly CR.42 Falco.
falco01.jpg

Frightfully ugly and feeble Sea-Gladiator aka Sea Hag.
SGlad.jpg

You might be right Lanc. I found a photo of some Gladiator pilots celebrating their manueverability.

Pilots of the Malta based 203 Squadron celebrate a successful mission in February, 1940.
37.jpg

Well I dont see how it was less manouverable, and everthing ive read points the the CR.42 having the manouverability advantage.

honestly your all wrong the boeing p-12 (which is a nice looking biplane ) would run your cr 42 and globster

Personally I'm struggling to understand how a P-12 would stand a chance against either a Gladiator or a CR-42. The P-12's max speed was 70mph lower than the Gladiator, and the disparity to the CR-42 was even greater. The P-12 service ceiling also topped out about 10K feet below either the Gladiator or the CR-42. The Gladiator had twice the firepower, too.

Don't get me wrong, the P-12 was a fine aircraft but it came a decade earlier than the other 2 types. There's no way it was competitive in the late 30s.

As long as we are thrashing an old thread, may I offer the Avia B.534 SrsIV which has been a favorite for many years. The captured units were used by Germany as trainers with a few modified to confirm arrested deck landing (on land) for possible use on the Graf Zeppelin.

As long as we are thrashing an old thread, may I offer the Avia B.534 SrsIV which has been a favorite for many years.

Yeah, but this looks cool. It's an Italian Vafanculo! to technological advancements in the late 30s early 40s.

49308444942_4ab45fcb9f_b.jpg
CR.42 front

Users who are viewing this thread

Back