American Invasion Fleet could have been destroyed by the "Divine Wind"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It wouldnt of matterd one goddam bit what the Marines thought of the Army, they would have had to SUCK IT UP, if they were to fight together, SOLDIERS AND OFFICERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN, and expected to work as a team

Huh? Did you know the US Army in the PTO made more amphib landings than the marines?

The USN had more battleships and cruisers at IWO JIMA and Okinawa, F*ck they even had Aircraft Carriers, and what a big difference that made...NOT!

Huh? The landings at Okinawa were unopposed. Did you know that? And just think of the losses that might have been at Iwo had there been no heavy naval fire support.

So if youre saying that if the Allies had more BB and BC available at Normandy, the near disastor at Omaha wouldnt have happened, compared to the Iwo Jima and Okinawa Landings, Normandy was a stunning success.

Yes. The allies succeded at Nomrandy because the navy had enough fire power to keep the Germans off balance while the tanks and artillery was still being brought in.

The Japanese And Germans alike were extremely well dug in, it wouldnt have mattered one bit how much indirect fire support they had, the only weapon that would have made a HUGE difference, is if today's Guided Bunker Buster Bombs, and Thermol Night Vision existed back then

Tarawa was an example where naval gunfire was inadaquate. The navy learned its mistakes and it really didnt happen again.

and the whole "thanks for the info, but we know what we are doing" sounds made up

Obviously you havent read up on the naval planning for D-Day because it has been documented that the Atlantic fleet didnt listen to the Pacific fleet when it came to needing heavy gunfire support. Especially in mid 1944 when there were enough heavy warships available to go around.

The Japanese Navy was not an effective fighting force at this time but there were some secret weapons perhaps held back for this.

1. We would still have been able to bring more ships into the area but with the USSR declaring war on Japan today we might have a communist Japan from the Russian Invasion if were were unable to act fast enough with our ships under repairl, in reserve, or out of position.

There's alot of evedence that the IJN atomic bomb project (separate from their ruined main-land project) based off the Northern Korean coast may have actually sucessfully tested a staged nuclear fission bomb.(enriched Uranium based) This occured a few days after the bombing of Hioshima, prior to Nagasaki.

But since we had the bomb already, and it prevented the need of invasion, I guess there isn't much point. (we had a third bomb almost rady too, and the Japanese were far from producung a deployable version, or a method of delivry.)

On the other hand, what if storms had prevented the full D-Day landing force from reaching Normandyand the invasion failed. Germany would have had more time to develop advanced secret weapons and deploy them. The outcome would likely be the same, but again at a much higher cost to the Allies. Maby drawn-out enough for Allied and Axis jets to see combat aganst eachother...

There's alot of evedence that the IJN atomic bomb project (separate from their ruined main-land project) based off the Northern Korean coast may have actually sucessfully tested a staged nuclear fission bomb.(enriched Uranium based) This occured a few days after the bombing of Hioshima, prior to Nagasaki.

:lol:

"alot of evedence [sic]" :?: :rolleyes:

Come on back to us kk.

TO

They were certainly farther along than the German nuclear program in terms of bomb reasearch. (most German work being done in reactor reasearch for nuclear energy).

Take a look at this: Japan's Atomic Bomb : Japan Probe

I hadn't thaught much of the Japanese program either except for a single 1945 American news article I read online while reasearching the topic ~5 years ago. That's the article mentioned in the above video.

Here's the article: Japan's Atomic Bomb

The only problem with prooving that an actual test took place is that the Soviets invaded that region (Northern Korea) so allied forces never knew much about it and there isn't much left but a few doccuments and verbal accounts.

They were certainly farther along than the German nuclear program in terms of bomb reasearch. (most German work being done in reactor reasearch for nuclear energy).

At that stage in the war, what was their plans for a delivery system?

Suicide sub in pearl harbor?

Take a look at this: Japan's Atomic Bomb : Japan Probe

I hadn't thaught much of the Japanese program either except for a single 1945 American news article I read online while reasearching the topic ~5 years ago. That's the article mentioned in the above video.

Here's the article: Japan's Atomic Bomb

The only problem with prooving that an actual test took place is that the Soviets invaded that region (Northern Korea) so allied forces never knew much about it and there isn't much left but a few doccuments and verbal accounts.

The sources you cite are probably for entertainment purposes only, they are not proof of anything. Be careful, you can find info on the net that would support any position, opinion or view. Like the thousands of sites that talk about the "9/11 inside job" conspiracies or the "FDR knew the Japs were gonna bomb PH" conspiracies. I'm almost 59 years old and have been studying WW II for most of my life and the first time I've ever heard or seen anything about a Japanese atomic bomb test was today at 03:28 AM.... your first post on the subject. I ain't buyin' it.

TO

Watch the video, its a History channel special all about the two separate projects in japan (one mainland, and one IJN project). Despite the fact that the History channel and like aren't 100% correct, it's pretty good. FYI, their program used the simple (though inefficient) thermal defusion method of enrichment. And at least one of their cyclotrons used in reasearch was an American built machine too iirc.

Most info on the topic was assumed to show that the program went nowhere, but in the last couple years one of the original engeneers on the project (living in the US) died and his wife released a group of doccuments which had survived all those years.

Just watch it, then decide. It is very interesting either way. Here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdCe2wBeCiw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCpZvyHW0NI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCPH5kTj-5Y

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0fv2_-AJeE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWOuxC9jkYs

But think of the propaganda value that would have for the Japanese. It could have made them even more determined in their defense of the homeland. It would not have changed the outcome, but it would have been even more costly to the allies.

I read the book "Burning Mountain", it estimated there could be up to 1 million casualties for the invasion.

I have heard (4th person) that some destroyers could completely submerge in storms and be ok. Can this be confirmed, denied, and/or further examinded?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back