An American Spifire,Eagle Squadron!

Here is My Hasegawa 1/48 scale Spitfire MK V in American Eagle sqadron Marking from Aeromaster decals sheet 48-364, personal mount of LT.Duane Beeson ,334th FS/4th FG at debden Oct 1942. the cockpit was also detailed with eduard Photo etch .Antena for radio being repaired.Stretching spue is an art!
 

Attachments

  • American Spit.JPG
    American Spit.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 548
  • American spit 1.JPG
    American spit 1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 240
  • american spit 3.JPG
    american spit 3.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 264
Nice job! (I'm too scared to try stretching sprue! I just pretend wire is there. :rolleyes: )
 
TT,what kind of sprue did you use for that?
 
I know the method.It is really good one.Especially for bigger scale models.
I use strands I got from my wife's old tights.
 
Yea its true,but these from tights are always thin and easy glued.Like for my old Spitfire Mk.IIa of 1:72 scale.
 

Attachments

  • Spitfire_MkIIa.JPG
    Spitfire_MkIIa.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 237
It would be better if I wouldn't have painted the "wire" at all.Now I know about it and I use black or dark grey only.There are also in graphit colour available what gives them a metal tonality.
 
Yes,when they first started the Eagle Squadron all there spitfires were Marked in British Markings.Only after the United States came into the war did they start Changing there markings,until they were disbanded and there pilots absorbed into the U.S. squadrons,once our Planes were in England!I'm Sure every one Knows that Gebreski first flew in a Polish Squadron before the wolf pack.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back