....And Now For Something Completely Different! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chicory was added to the grinder about 100 years ago in New Orleans due to coffee shortage. Many old timers like it, but fortunately in restaurants, you must ask or be offered it. The best cajin coffee (non chicory) I ever drank was while waiting to service equipment in the Terrebonne Sherriff's office in Houma. It was the special stuff brewed in the radio room. In south Louisiana, if you are offered coffee in a small cup the size of kid's dishes, you should find it very, very strong and thick, with an excellent taste. A small cup of it will keep one awake and alert all day.

All anyone ever served in Houma when I lived there was that ghastly Community Coffee.

1632759907137.png

When in Bulgaria, all you have to do, is ask for "American Coffee" at any cafe or coffee bar and you'll be served a mug of strong, plain black coffee.
Not sure where they get their coffee from, but it was always delicious no matter where I was.
Sold here as an "Americano".
Basically its a watered-down espresso

I know how he feels - we did a corporate package to the Red Bull Air Races one year - vodka and red bull flowing all day...

We occasionally have "campfire" coffee, or "cowboy" coffee. Mix the normal coffee to water ratio in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil. Remove from heat, let it settle a few minutes. Carefully pour into the cup, leaving the hopefully settled grounds behind. Enjoy!

Have had Turkish coffee, which is similar in preparation, but more like "mud".

We occasionally have "campfire" coffee, or "cowboy" coffee. Mix the normal coffee to water ratio in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil. Remove from heat, let it settle a few minutes. Carefully pour into the cup, leaving the hopefully settled grounds behind. Enjoy!

Have had Turkish coffee, which is similar in preparation, but more like "mud".
There are "Arabic" and "Armenian" coffees too! Somehow similar to Turkish one, but not very common / popular as Turkish.

A guy walks into a Starbucks and orders a cup of coffee. He pays for it and takes a sip as he heads out the door.

"Damn!" he mutters. "I thought I told them to make it black with no sugar." He peers at the writing on the cup, "Call 911 We are being robbed There is man with a gun hiding behind the counter" He shakes his head, "Not only that, these idiots don't even know how to spell 'George.'"

A guy walks into a Starbucks and orders a cup of coffee. He pays for it and takes a sip as he heads out the door.

"Damn!" he mutters. "I thought I told them to make it black with no sugar." He peers at the writing on the cup, "Call 911 We are being robbed There is man with a gun hiding behind the counter" He shakes his head, "Not only that, these idiots don't even know how to spell 'George.'"
Dirty Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back