AndrewR's 1/72nd Academy Hawker Typhoon 1b (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I got most of the major construction finished over the last two days. The rocket fins went on yesterday, and a fiddly and time consuming task it was too!

IMG_3853R.jpg

Today I got the undercarriage on, and framed the canopy. The undercarriage was one of the easiest I have ever assembled - easy to find location points, a good fit in the locating holes and easy to align. Well done Mr Academy. :)

My mother in law saw this and now thinks I am some sort of genius :oops: Who am I to argue? :lol:

She wanted the plane displayed in a safe place and photos taken immediately....

IMG_3856R.jpg

It's not quite finished, but I need to do matt varnishing, install the wing lights and pastel weathering at home next week.

IMG_3855R.jpg

Cost of kit: $12. Cost of paints and glue: $10. Approval of mother in law: priceless.

Well done Mr Academy....

Rather ... well done Andrew. :thumbright:

Just remember, the significance of a mother in law is directly proportional to the quadrat of the distance. :lol:

Last edited:
Finished the Tiffie!

A bit of weathering with pastels to pick out the panel lines and add some exhaust and gun staining.

IMG_3927R.jpg

IMG_3926R.jpg

IMG_3925R.jpg

IMG_3924R.jpg

Completed builds while I have been down in the in-law's basement :)

Academy Typhoon, Airfix Sea Hurricane IIc, Spitfire Mk IIa (from a Tamiya Mk 1 kit + 3D-kits Rotol conversion set and decals)

IMG_3921R.jpg

Revell F-15A (1/144), Hurricane IIc and P-51B now on the bench!

cheers

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back