Anglo-Americans VS Soviets in Dogfight?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One way to bring out detail is to adjust the levels and sharpen the pixels. It looks like it has a radial engine to me and the the wings look different.

I'm not familiar with that mustang variation..... LOL..

Bottom line is that there isn't much information to draw from but it doesn't look like a mustang in these shots... P-47?
How about a Finn Curtiss P-36 (Hawk-75?)

Sorry Timshatz, didn't see your prior post with the same suggestion.

Last edited:
The book about Erich Hartmann by Tolliver (American Colonel), reports of at least 2 instances where russian yaks were shot down and in heavy dogfights with american mustangs. The Ruskies and Americans never trusted each other. Interesting also, was the 17 british Spitfires who were shot down over time by Israeli pilots during the arab israeli war in 1947.

Years ago, I read an account in which some P-38s were flying ground support for Russian troops around the Elbe. The "Front" shifted and apparently the American planes inadvertently attacked Russian troops.

YAKs were called in and a large dogfight ensued.

Has anyone else heard of this? I've worn out Google looking.

I'd like to read about other engagements when Yanks and Brits tangled with Ruskies in WW2. There has to be a few instances. It's not difficult to imagine that a western front combatant may not be familiar with eastern Front equipment.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back