Anxious......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geo, I just saw this, so along with everyone else I will be thinking and praying for her. My wife too has trouble coming out of general anesthesia so even simple procedures are touch and go so I do understand.
Can't you find a motel/hotel closer and save that trip? Hospitals here in the states will even allow you to stay in her room, in a reclining chair usually.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. Just arrived home a day late after a very long day yesterday. You Knew the day wasn't going to go well when an announcement came over the PA system at 0630...."Code White", which means violent person. The wives surgery was delayed 2 hours. She was supposed to be out of recovery at 1600 but there were complications which I don't fully understand because the doctor has yet to talk to me. I never got to see the her until 2100 and just briefly. Aside from the drama, the surgery went well and now we wait for the pathology report. Also, the weatherman lied. Had I driven home last night it would have been through 8" of snow Back to PG tomorrow. The only plus here is the price of gas has fallen so it's only 35$ to fill up the tank.

Geo

Same here, glad the surgery is done and that is one hurdle. You and she will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Remember to take care of yourself through all this

Thanks guys. She's up and walking around slowly today. The surgeon told her that even though he feels he removed every thing cancerous, they still have to wait a bit. Tentative home day is Saturday. I'm really hating the road to PG

Geo

Geo, Very glad to hear that she is progressing. Not sure what your oncologist will recommend but generally speaking here surgery is followed by rounds of Chemo-therapy and radiation. I've had two uncles go through the process in the last year, one with colon cancer and the other with lung cancer which had metastasized to the brain. Both are doing well and while the latter has some short memory problems he is improving. It will be very hard but keep her positive...as ever my thoughts and prayers to both of you

NO CANCER!!!! Taking her home 2 days early. Now she needs about a month of doing absolutely nothing which means no lifting the grandkid which will drive her and Ezra nuts. Thanks for all your comments guys, they were appreciated.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back