Anyone have any opinions on Michael Crabtree?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Messy1

Master Sergeant
Nov 21, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
I'm a avid 49ers fan. Just wondering if any other NFL fans had an opinion on the Michael Crabtree fiasco?

I've seen this tactic before. Bryant McKinnie tried it on the Vikings after being taken 7th overall.

This guy must think the 49ers cannot have a team without him. I think he is showing everyone his true character.

If he is serious, and it sounds like this knucklehead is, he's gonna lose this one. If he's just pulliing a tactic, fine. That business and the league is a business. We'll know better in a couple of weeks when the pre-season endes. If he signs by then, the smart thing to do, it was all a tactic. If he doesn't, then he's a loser and a jonah. Teams will avoid him, not worth the headcase BS.

As a life long die hard 49er fan this **** pisses me off! He has no right to do this, he has never even played a down in the NFL! He is a rookie for crying out loud!

Here is what I really hope happens (of course this is just my dream...;))

I hope Crabtree sits out the whole season, and the Niners by chance of miracle have the greatest season the NFL has ever seen. They go 18-0 win the Super Bowl! Now little bitch Crabtree is sitting around crying because he is not a rookie with a super bowl ring! Then he reenters the draft and is taken in the 7th round because he showed his character (and no one wants another Terrell Owens) and is going to make even less money...

...now I wake up.

another Terrell Owens.

The exact name that popped into my head. Talk about your fruitcakes.

9ers will be better without him if he turns out to really believe he's worth more. If this guy bases his prediction on the Fantasy Draft, he's more a subject of the Fantasy than the Draft!

Hey guys don't be knocking that upstanding TO now that he is the 2nd coming up here :rolleyes:, can't wait til he samples the local strippers on Sunday nights after the home games

I had the name of TO in my head too guys! Your thinking is the same as mine Chris! this spoiled brat is only hurting himself. IMO, the 49ers are better without him and this drama, stuff like this can cause problems on a team. Singletary is too much of a old school guy IMO, and has no time for pimadonnas! (not sure on spelling!)

I had the name of TO in my head too guys! Your thinking is the same as mine Chris! this spoiled brat is only hurting himself. IMO, the 49ers are better without him and this drama, stuff like this can cause problems on a team. Singletary is too much of a old school guy IMO, and has no time for pimadonnas! (not sure on spelling!)
He also has no time for pants.

I love Crabtree since I'm a Texas Tech fan, but if he goes through with this little negotiation bluff, he's stupid.

I'm a Cowboys fan. I'm in no place to cast aspersions on other team's problem children.
:p

I won't go there.
I won't go there.
I won't go there.
I won't go there.
I won't go there.

TO is a great athlete but an idiot. Nothing but trouble.

And I'm sick of this entitlement culture among major sports. Keep the door shut in his face - the 9ers will do just fine without him. They should be the surprise of '09-'10.

I think the NFL will break the players union in 2011. The players are working on zero sympathy from anyone and the owners are tired of the players having a 60% share of the profits with the owners having to foot all the bills.

The difference is that TO is at least a proven comodity. While he is no Rice or Harrison, he is an offensive threat. The college game and the pro game are two entirely different animals.

Yup.

And the owners would find some sympathy with more than a few players in controlling the salaries the college guys get before they even play a down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back