Eagles sign Michael Vick!

Was signing Vick a good move?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From what I'm hearing around Phila.

Most guys figure, "Did his time and might be able to help the birds."
Most women say, "It stinks, he's a low life, what he did and what he got for it is a travesty, off with his head!"

The interesting thing is when he steps on the field for the first time. How much you wanna bet the whole stadium will start barking? These are the same people that were proud they threw snowballs at Santa Claus. They're gonna eat this up!

One liner I heard today: "Hide your Beagle, Vick's an Eagle"

Last thought. The Eagles only get him for one year definitely. Sounds like some deal was cut where this is the NFL equal of a Half Way House. Vick is on Work Release. Kinda.

Im kinda stuck between both camps... I think the 2 years he did was adequete, but was very surprised that they lifted his banishment so quickly, thought it would take a season or 2... I personally think he is a maquis player in an NFL where mediocrity is rampant... His presence on the field changed Defensive Coordinators game plans to hell and gone, and I found myself very interested in what he was gonna do in every game....

But as someone up above said, "GO GIANTS"!!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with my Brother who lives outside Philly and he was laughing when I brought up the subject.... All those puppy farms in PA and the people who despise them??? Not a good mix to have a dog killer in their midst....

Wonder how many DOG KILLER signs are gonna be ion the stands????

I really don't care about Vick. here is my problem.....

I listened to Reid and McNabb and tons of others cry that Vick has a right to make a living. Ok but this is how the Eagles handled others who "have a right to make a living"....

2001 - Eagles Running Back Thomas Hamner convicted of animal cruelty for beating his dog - fired by the Eagles.

2009 - a 20 year employee of the organization posted some derogatory comments on Facebook about the Eagles - he was fired.

They are hypocrits and after 30 plus years of supporting this organization, they are spineless and... I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Dan, thats only half the story - his supply of dogs and clients are from South Jersey and the surrounding area. I already have a conviction on Todd McNair and I could do with another NFL notch on my belt. :)

Mixed feelings as well for me, if he has truly learned from this and will be a better person, than maybe the time he spent incarcerated and his punishment was adequate. Only time will tell.

P.S my question still stands....Why aren't we complaining about Stallworth (after he killed someone while driving drunk) only getting 24 days in jail (but yet you are complaining about Vick getting 2 years)?!

1. Because Stallworth was not the topic of this thread...

2. I do however agree that Stallworth deserved more than 24 hours in jail. He certainly deserved more time than Vick. I think Vick got off easy though...

1) You're right....

2) Vick has yet to be suspended from the NFL, which hopefully will only be 4 days........

Last edited:
Doughboy, heres a thought.

In dogfighting, a MAJOR component is gambling - betting on the fights.

Pete Rose is banned for life for gambling. How about Vick?

But beside that, its Eagles management I'm pissed at.

Hers what my boss did....

For Gloucester County animal shelter chief, signing of Vick was too much - NJ.com
I don't like what Vick did, but what if he changed? What if he is sincerely sorry? Shouldn't we forgive him? Have not we all made mistakes???

When the Eagles play a wildcat formation there will be 2 QB's on the field.... The other team doesn't know which one will get the ball and once either Donovan or Vick gets it, the other team doesn't know if Vick or Donovan is going to pass or run with the ball..... MAKE SENSE? Should be very affective.

Pete Rose is banned for life for gambling. How about Vick?

First off, don't take this as a defense of Vick. I didn't have a lot of use for him before all the problems and I can understand your being completely lit up about it on several levels.

There's a subtle, but important, difference between Rose and Vick as far as the gambling goes. Rose wasn't banned just for gambling. He was banned for gambling on baseball games because of his perceived ability to affect the outcomes of the games as a player and manager. I think there was an NBA ref that got caught gambling on basketball games not too long ago. Way back in the mist of the past I think I remember Alex Karras of the Lions getting busted for the same thing.

I'm not sure that the league rules proscribe all gambling or just gambling on league games. So it could very well be that even if they wanted to ban him for gambling they may not have been able to. Not that I think they wanted to in the first place.

My point applies only to the use of gambling to effect a ban not his general conduct. I can only guess that the league took the position that the time he missed while he was in jail was a concurrent suspension.

Anyway, consider the nit to have been picked and the swerve off-topic corrected back on course.

I understand those points and I was prpbably grabbing at straws.

As it correlates to my job, I couldn't care for Vick. His actions are exactly what happens when a sub-culture collides with the mores of a society. When you grow up looking at animals as possessions or pests, it can be easy to do these things. And when Police look the other way (as he stated happened to him), it puts a stamp of approval on it. I see it all the time. "Its just a dog."

My problem is with management. For years this organization has cracked the whip in regards to employee/player transgressions. So why the leniency here? Do we need 4 QBs? Thats where I have a hard time with.

Eagles Employee Fired for Facebook Post

Pet-Abuse.Com - Animal Abuse Case Details: Pro football player beats pit-bull - Voorhees, NJ (US)

If I just dropped 35 million bucks, I'd be crying too! Did it to himself, no two ways about it.

Like a war zone over here in Phila. People are bitching about Vic or saying Vic is what the birds need. That's the major arguement now with opinions that vary on those two themes all over the map.

But so far, nobody is calling for him to be burned in effigy (although it's close) and nobody says the birds can't live without him.

2) Vick has yet to be suspended from the NFL, which hopefully will only be 4 days........

He deserves to be suspended for a lot more than 4 days. More like 4 or more games.

It will not happen though, because he was reinstated.

Either way, I personally hope that the Eagles bomb out and only win 2 games. I actually really like Phillie (probably my 3rd favorite team), but I don't like the fact that they signed Vick. I do not support that.

Last edited:
If I just dropped 35 million bucks, I'd be crying too!.

Exactly! He's not a changed man, he's just upset that he got nailed, and now this is his way of faking it out. I hear about stuff like this all the time with my dad being a policeman. Guys say that they're sorry and they won't do it again and get fined and then leave. And then guess what? They do it again! I'm not saying Vick will, but I find it very hard to believe that he's changed in the least.

He deserves to be suspended for a lot more than 4 days. More like 4 or more games.

It will not happen though, because he was reinstated.

Either way, I personally hope that the Eagles bomb out and only win 2 games. I actually really like Phillie (probably my 3rd favorite team), but I don't like the fact that they signed Vick. I do not support that.
I mean 4 games.:(

Exactly! He's not a changed man, he's just upset that he got nailed, and now this is his way of faking it out. I hear about stuff like this all the time with my dad being a policeman. Guys say that they're sorry and they won't do it again and get fined and then leave. And then guess what? They do it again! I'm not saying Vick will, but I find it very hard to believe that he's changed in the least.
How do you know he isn't sorry? Do you have any proof? How do you know how he feels? I want proof! It sounds like a lot of hearsay to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back