Anyone know where or what happened to Udet?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hunter368

Tech Sergeant
Nov 5, 2005
Winnipeg
Udet last posted back in July I think it was. I have IM him and no response. Anyone know what happened to him or where he is?

seriously, the guy moved . . . . to Moscow. I received several mails from hi, actually one while he was there trying to get settled in and have heard nothing since

seriously, the guy moved . . . . to Moscow. I received several mails from hi, actually one while he was there trying to get settled in and have heard nothing since

Wow very cool. Tell him next time to get his computer hook up and get back here. :lol:

I just recieved a response from a email I sent to Udet days ago!! Here it is I thought I would post it for all of you who knew Udet:

Hey Hunter!

Good to know you are still somewhere out there!

You are kind of lucky, I have been away from the internet for more than 4 months now...zero e-mail, zero chatting, zero internet navigation. So your message entered while i can have some internet access over here.

I am not in Mexico anymore. I was sent to China.

As i write this, I am in Santiago (Chile) attending a math fair in a university here -they invited me to come over, and the guys of the program approved my trip).

How are things in the forum? I believe your name is MArc? If not, correct me please.

Take care and hopefully

Very truly yours, Udet

He has only limited internet access so not sure how much he will be online. It will be good to have him back.

I used to get PMs from him on technical questions - although a bit obnoxious at times he made things interesting here. One time he made a comment on one of his anti-spitfire dissertations ("The FW-190 feasted on the hapless Spitfire) which made me spit out a swig of beer I just took.

Glad to hear he's OK - send my regards....

:oops: My apologies. I honestly thought he had gone into surgery for a serious matter. I obviously confused him with someone else. Glad it was a happy ending.

Well good to hear that he is okay. He did piss me off today when he showed up and made one post and all he did was an insulting post. I gave him a warning but it expires in a few days.

For the most part he made some good posts, but he can be quite arrogant. That being said it will be good to have him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back