anyone play strategy games?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm on that 1.003 right now, I keep forgetting to update ...in fact, I'll do that now ! I love all the Dawn of War games (got the two expansions - love 'em - 'specially Dark Crusade)

Also there is a new Command and Conquer 3: Tiberian Dawn or something where they are introducing a new alien faction into the mix which should provide interesting...

I'm a moderator down at JP's Panzers which is dedicated to the Panzer General games by SSI. Especially Panzer General 3 is a game which I've been playing a lot lately. Note, SSI no longer exists and the last of the Panzer General games is already a few years old. So if you want awesome graphics and get the most out of your new computer, this is not the game for it.

JP's Panzers Wargame History Forums :: Index
Kris

I can remember that there is a game SP2WWII which I play and enjoy. Little bit boring in parts waiting to come to grips with your opposition but fun. The AI seems to place you ages away in terms of movement when you choose auto-deployment and the self-deployment seems to have limits on how close to the enemy you can set up your troops. In one game though I beat Poland on one mission where you had to take a Polish fortified position. Oh, I was Germany and it was an infantry mission without armour or a lot of artillery.

So is SPWWII as a sort of top down battle commander type game. With plenty of scenarios and a lot of add-ons this is one game where you will never run out of campaigns.

Rome: Total War is very addictive, as is the expansion Barbarian Invasion. And Medieval II: Total War. Nothing better than going on a crusade in the evening...

Yay! its working again!!! Please note that this is only a fine selection of my screenshots and there will be more to come. The first three are actual In-game shots and the last two are shots from a cutscene

Attachments

• relic00031.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 81
  • relic00028.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 80
  • relic00017.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 76
  • relic00014.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 72
  • relic00006.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 91
The only WW2 strategy game I've got is Sudden Strike. Quite enjoyed it at first, but trying to move dozens of tiny units and working out just what was going on in the middle of a battle dented its appeal somewhat. Also, you quickly learn the best way to win is just to move a few metres, obliterate everything with heavy artillery, then repeat. Aside from that, I have loved at various times Empire Earth (which covers everything from the Stone Age to space) Civilisation and Sim City, Total Annihilation, Age of Empires, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and of course Command and Conquer

The problem I always have with rts games is that you can win just by rushing to build a massive army; the player with 10 tanks will beat the player with 5, which as we all know isn't that realistic

Not with Company of Heros! The Allies can build about 5 shermans quickly but all of them can be destroyed by a single Panther or Tiger (which are very expensive, just like it was historicly)

Ah what the heck. More CoH by me! (actually its a cutscene from the second lvl...)

Attachments

• relic00060.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 67
  • relic00061.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 85
  • relic00062.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 79
COH looks good but it is too much first person shooter sounding without the freedom of Bf1942 FH for my liking. Civilization IV Beyond The Sword is due out in July and looking very good and like it might be worth my while getting, especially if it includes CIV Warlords... Looking forward to finding out more about that expansion pack...

Users who are viewing this thread