Are There Any Jazz Lovers Out There?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another little bit of music that I dearly love. This was from the famous Carnegie Hall Concert of 1938 and is the only one, at least that I know of, that gave a solo to the piano man and he nailed it. As a result this is my favorite version of this song.

Another little bit of music that I dearly love. This was from the famous Carnegie Hall Concert of 1938 and is the only one, at least that I know of, that gave a solo to the piano man and he nailed it. As a result this is my favorite version of this song.

"Piano Man" should still be Teddy Wilson, in '38.
BTW, my dad had that entire album on a 7" reel.
Cool video, thanks for posting it. =)

Hey W. Lewis III,

If you like piano solos in big band music check out this later Goodman composition, Rattle & Roll.
The drummer is Buddy Rich on this tune and the piano player is Mel Powell. who went on to be a music educator at several prestigeous colleges, including the California Institute of Arts.

Not much to write home about at regular speed, but listen to the piano solo at .75 speed and it takes on a little different character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back