Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel, try Aaron Brooks or Charles - I think they are fairly close by. Great news on the band stuff. Go Red Beat! I think I'm gonna suggest to these guys the old name Shayds of Gray. See what happens.

Jan, what?

Update: The guitar player we had was an egomaniac. He never practiced because he knows everything and then would play lead riffs over everything. The rest of us had enough and left. We have been trying out bass players and that is ongoing. To replace the Lead guitar I brought in the guitar player from Shayds of Gray. Everybody also agreed to continue with that name since we are kind of established and its the same type of music. But these guys are more loose and agreeable to doing all kinds of things. The rhythm guitar does background vocals, plays keyboards and is awesome. He has a vocal harmonizer that is out of this world! We were doing "Feel Like Making Love" by Bad Company and the harmonizer kicked in and blew us away! This band is fun!!! More to come!

Update: The guitar player we had was an egomaniac. He never practiced because he knows everything and then would play lead riffs over everything. The rest of us had enough and left. We have been trying out bass players and that is ongoing. To replace the Lead guitar I brought in the guitar player from Shayds of Gray. Everybody also agreed to continue with that name since we are kind of established and its the same type of music. But these guys are more loose and agreeable to doing all kinds of things. The rhythm guitar does background vocals, plays keyboards and is awesome. He has a vocal harmonizer that is out of this world! We were doing "Feel Like Making Love" by Bad Company and the harmonizer kicked in and blew us away! This band is fun!!! More to come!

Which one is that Chris? The little lead guitarist (forgot his name) with the flying V? Is the old "Shayds of Gray" disbanded?

UPDATE: Well, we found ourselves a good bass player and have been going over some stuff. Doing a whole set of ZZ Top. Doing all classics like The Eagles, Steppenwolf, Black Sabbath, Molly Hatchet. I'm trying to get these guys into the 21st Century and do newer stuff but we shall see. Right now its just fun! These are pics I took on Sunday nite.
band02.jpg
band03.jpg
band04.jpg

UPDATE ON THE BAND: So, if anyone is interested, since the last post 9 years ago I did get a band together, named it Shayds of Gray and played a bunch of places in the tri-state area of NJ-PA-DE. WE stayed out of clubs, playing mostly fairs and festivals. We would play for maybe an hour or two, about 5pm in the afternoon and walk away with $1000 or more. Forget the clubs, starting at 8pm, play until 2am and you have to pack up yourself. No way. I had fun. But I gave it up when I bought the RV. The band is still going, they got another singer and wished me luck. Below I posted a few vids of my mid-life crisis.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAViV67fljc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItSfMEC1LOc

I liked Wreck Me. Interaction with the female singer was nice and good and fun to watch, but i hope i do not thread on toes, Heroes is past the band. Bowie songs are difficult. I saw the man twice. How relaxed he seemed on stage wasnt what i saw when he went behind the curtains.
Then the band and the sound enginers where world class. Seen Zappa Joe Jackson to name a few big names but Bowies guys where the best.
Well Motorhead but is another way of violence but good.
Thank you for showing. Say hi to the lovely lady and bon voyage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back