Are There Any Jazz Lovers Out There? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Burrell has got it going on.
Definitely.
Along with Ed Bickert, one of my favourite guitarists is Johnny Smith. Such a lovely sound...

A1 In A Sentimental Mood
A2 Walk, Don't Run!
A3 Autumn In New York
A4 How About You
B1 Someone To Watch Over Me
B2 Dancing On The Ceiling
B3 Blues For Birdland
B4 Have You Met Miss Jones

Bass – George Roumanis
Drums – Jerry Segal
Guitar – Johnny Smith
Piano – Bob Panecoast

Originally released in 1954

Last edited:
This is really good. I looked but couldn't find where to buy a copy on vinyl. Any ideas?
Sorry I don't. I haven't owned a record player since 1993.
I've got CD's up the wazoo and lately, I've been trying to get stuff on the chip, but that's kinda hit and miss too.

This is really good. I looked but couldn't find where to buy a copy on vinyl. Any ideas?
It's a Japanese pressing. In my experience, you're gonna pay through the teeth if you want it. There's one on fleabay right now if you feel like forking over about $95 bucks. Other than that, try to find online where you can buy lp's from the Venus label.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's a Japanese pressing. In my experience, you're gonna pay through the teeth if you want it. There's one on fleabay right now if you feel like forking over about $95 bucks. Other than that, try to find online where you can buy lp's from the Venus label.

I saw that. The price of admission is too steep for my mean estate. I looked on their website. After some digging, it looks like the origin of the vinyl is Russia?? I thought it bizarre to have Jazz music, sold on a Japanese website (can't read Kanji), with Cyrillic text (can't read Russian either).

Not much of a change, but I just clicked on that link and it looks like, with shipping, it's gonna be about $81.
Probably still too much, but maybe you could contact the seller and see if you guys can't strike somekind of deal that would work better with your budget.

I saw that. The price of admission is too steep for my mean estate. I looked on their website. After some digging, it looks like the origin of the vinyl is Russia?? I thought it bizarre to have Jazz music, sold on a Japanese website (can't read Kanji), with Cyrillic text (can't read Russian either).
I hear ya! I haven't bought vinyl in about 30 yrs. Simply because I still have probably 400+ albums! Recently bought a turntable and it's SO nice listening to stuff I'd forgotten about.....for decades! Good luck with the hunt!

John

A1 Esperance Perdida (I Was Just One More For You) 00:00
A2 Brigas Nunca Mais (Fight Never More) 06:49
A3 Falando De Amor (Speaking Of Love) 11:28
A4 Bonita 16:02
B1 Choro 20:17
B2 Felicidade 26:47
B3 So Tinha De Ser Com Voce (It Had To Be With You) 33:13
B4 Caminhos Cruzados 36:25

Piano – Eddie Higgins
Bass – Jay Leonhart
Drums – Terry Clarke