Are There Any Jazz Lovers Out There?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Found the vinyl at Half-Price. Just fair condition but a good deal.
I remember finding a record that had 2 live performances on it.
On one side was Deodato playing selected hits off the Prelude album (he was touring for it at that time) and the other side was Sun-Ra.
I remember it had a copywrite date of 1973.
Found it for "The Nice Price" at a Jafco in Tacoma, Washington in 1982, still new in the wrapper.
Passed on it, but it nagged me, so I went back about a week later but it was already gone.
Still trying to find it, but I can't remember what its called and numerous searches come up nil.

I remember finding a record that had 2 live performances on it.
On one side was Deodato playing selected hits off the Prelude album (he was touring for it at that time) and the other side was Sun-Ra.
I remember it had a copywrite date of 1973.
Found it for "The Nice Price" at a Jafco in Tacoma, Washington in 1982, still new in the wrapper.
Passed on it, but it nagged me, so I went back about a week later but it was already gone.
Still trying to find it, but I can't remember what its called and numerous searches come up nil.
That sounds like it's as rare as hen's teeth. Was Sun-Ra ever in Creed Taylor's pressings? Deodato was.

We were in the car yesterday, my son playing music over the car speakers from his spotify account. Charles Mingus Band, Moanin' comes on. I asked him if it was a random suggestion from the app. He said, "No, I've always liked Mingus."

I feel that I have done something right as a parent.
Moments to cherish with your child.
That was cute. Thanks for relaying the story. =)

View: https://youtu.be/ev2jGgiI2nA?si=bnFMVHUfFjboeZSB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back