Are you a P-51 freak? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Milosh - Complicated answer after simply saying "Yes - the wing of the XP-51, P-51, A-36, P-51A/B/C/D/K is the same"

As far as the gun bay, the thickness, the aspect ratio, the taper ratio, all the Physical And Airfoil attributes - all were the same Except for the D/K from ~WS61 to CL. Some detailed improvements like ammo bay doors, chutes, gun camera aperature opening, physical arrangements of equipment and lines, landing lights etc are numerous - but not the external dimensions except as noted below.

When the leading edge was changed from WS 61 to CL to accommodate the sharper 'break' to house the new Gear Door design, some changes were made. The most interesting was a change in the starting washout angle from the CL to the WS 61. Thereafter it was the same all the way to tip chord with -1.25 degrees.

I can look it up - but I also posted a Lednicer report on P-51 aerodynamics and the comparisons between Spit IX, FW 190D, P-51B, P-51D. He presents the variation between the two versions. If you can't find it, I will dig it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back