Are you ready for some Football! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

and with fewer adverts, it's also inherently harder owing to the fact you can only pass backwards, you can't just throw it half the lenth of the feild..........

that's not done a great deal though, the main emphasis is getting the team moving forward and everyone supporting the ball carrier, but i don't need to tell you this it's for eveyone else :lol:

So in other word's. Rugby rules wise, is the opposite of football. I actually prefer pads cause it ads weight and difficulty. That's just my opinion though.

I actually think hockey is a more dangerous sport than both rugby and football do to the fact that the ice adds to your momentum therefore adding a harder faster hit. Although there is an old quote,"would you like some hockey with your boxing." That does need to be said.

Chief said:
And proud of it! :D

I don't find a sport interesting unless the chance of a potentially life shattering injury is dramatically increased.

:rolleyes:

Chief said:
Like NASCAR and Baseball. In NASCAR there's a potential for a heat stroke when driving in the summer and the potential life ending accident's, but that doesn't make it a sport.(long live Dale Earnhardt) I prefer drift-racing myself.

Nascar = Boring except for rednecks.

Chief said:
Baseball, sure there's the occasional hit batter and the occasional knocked out pitcher from a beamed ball from the batter. Yeah it's still technically a sport. Although I do laugh hysterically when professional outfielders collide in an embarrising mess.

Baseball = Boring

Chief said:
Also I can't call it Football because we already have are own American Football. Which I find much more entertaining to play and watch as opposed to just play. It would be to confusing to have to Footballs.

Well considering the name was stolen and Football is the original name for what you call soccer....

Dont take me wrong. I love American Football. I am a 49er fan and have been since I was a little kid. When I lived in the United States I would travel just to watch Jerry Rice, Joe Montana and later Steve Young play.

Chief said:
Basketball, sad to say, is no longer a legal professional sport. Traveling is no longer called and double dribbles are no longer called. I'm sorry but no body is that perfect. MJ, I'm gonna be scorned for this, but many of his dunks were 3 mile strolls through the park. He could've been called on traveling ages ago. I used to love the sport, but it's all crap.

Basketball = Boring unless it is is the College Sweet 16 and up.

Chief said:
A.Football, lacrosse and Hockey are our only sports left I have seen worth playing anymore. I haven't watched Rugby so that's why I can't say anything about it.

1. Football
2. Football (or as Americans call it: soccer)
3. Hockey

Best teams

1. San Fransisco 49ers
2. Bayern Munich
3. Pittsburgh Penquins

the lancaster kicks *** said:
and with fewer adverts, it's also inherently harder owing to the fact you can only pass backwards, you can't just throw it half the lenth of the feild..........

American Football is actually a lot harder than you think, and requires a lot more skill than you think.

It is also a lot more fast paced and exciting in my opinion than Rugby.

Dont take me wrong I think Rugby is a great sport, but Football is more intense in my opinion.

Besides its not all about passing the ball down half the length of the field. There is strategy, trying to trick the other team, running plays, passing plays, trick plays etc....

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
:rolleyes:

Nascar = Boring except for rednecks.

Hey I'M a Redneck. and your right NASCAR is boring.
Drift Racing is not NASCAR. I'm talkin' Honda Accord vs. Nissan Skyline.

Baseball = Boring

Once again your right, yet for some reason I just can't seem to turn away when watching it.

Well considering the name was stolen and Football is the original name for what you call soccer....

Dont take me wrong. I love American Football. I am a 49er fan and have been since I was a little kid. When I lived in the United States I would travel just to watch Jerry Rice, Joe Montana and later Steve Young play.

Agreed. The 49ers in that era I believe should go down as the be football team of all time including the Patriots.
I don't know what it is, but I just can't stand them.

Basketball = Boring unless it is is the College Sweet 16 and up.

No it's boring period and over rated.

1. Football
2. Football (or as Americans call it: soccer)
3. Hockey

Best teams

1. San Fransisco 49ers
2. Bayern Munich
3. Pittsburgh Penquins

In my Opinion

1. Colts
2. Wings (the only team I know)
3. Flyers (If they weren't so darn COCKY!)

Hockey without pads is called Pond Hockey, and its awesome... Just watch ur head when u fall down, as the numerous concussions Ive gotten will attest...

Lacrosse, hockey and football... Thats it for me.... Ill watch ANY lacrosse game, most hockey games, and only my favorite teams in football... Ill watch baseball playoffs if the Yankees are playing, otherwise, who the fu*k cares

Basketball???? Piss on basketball and all those overpaid, Escalade drivin, elbow swinging hood rats...

lesofprimus said:
Hockey without pads is called Pond Hockey, and its awesome...
True enough, and a good point as I played it often as a kid myself, but I was thinking more of professional hockey. As fast as we slammed into each other out on the lake, we didn't have the boards to worry about, and we didn't drive each others spleens out through our noses. :lol:

The odd sprain or the occasional break was common enough. Sometimes fellas would wear pads, and a cup was the bare minimum for this cat.

:infinity::wav::infinity: Hello once again everybody to Sunday Night Football for our Hall of Fame game. Where the Oakland Raiders take on the Philadelphia Eagles.

Channel: 10 NBC
Pregame: 7:00-8:00
Game Time: 8:00
Pregame predictions start now.:protest:

All right guys the Preseason has arrived.
What are your predictions for today's game?
Who's gonna a win the Raiders or the Eagles and by how much?
Tip: Remember Second Strings are playing.

American Football is actually a lot harder than you think, and requires a lot more skill than you think.

It is also a lot more fast paced and exciting in my opinion than Rugby.

Dont take me wrong I think Rugby is a great sport, but Football is more intense in my opinion.

Besides its not all about passing the ball down half the length of the field. There is strategy, trying to trick the other team, running plays, passing plays, trick plays etc....

American football is an intensly complex game to play well(have you ever seen a professional playbook?) and maximum physical violence (except for boxing). It is kind of like playing chess with tanks. It is very close to putting warfare into a physical game (chess is also like warfare on a board game).

The most exciting game for me is basketball where I am interested in a team. I remember watching an entire high school basketball team standing up and when it was over, the entire arena was exhausted. I watched Aiken play Peete in a USC-UCLA game in the Rose Bowl but wasn't as excited (of course I didn't have a serious dog in the fight, which would have made a difference).

The problem with soccer is that I can always predict the score, 1-0. And they have that cheesy tie-breaker (pro football has one too) where after an hour of intense play they shoot free throws until someone misses (kicking into the goal). Come on, they can do better than that.

Baseball is boring in general

Hey, basketball is an awesome game. I love fast paced games, and basketball is one of the fastest there is. I love most sports though ... so I can't complain against many, except cricket and baseball. Although I do like playing baseball.

Chief said:
Hey I'M a Redneck.

Sounds to me like a personal problem. :lol:

Chief said:
and your right NASCAR is boring.
Drift Racing is not NASCAR. I'm talkin' Honda Accord vs. Nissan Skyline.

No, all auto racing is boring...

Chief said:
Agreed. The 49ers in that era I believe should go down as the be football team of all time including the Patriots.
I don't know what it is, but I just can't stand them.

Not a bandwagon person. I have to stick by my team for ever and allways.

Chief said:
No it's boring period and over rated.

Agreed the only time I care about it is when my school is in and that is N. Carolina Chapel Hill. Even when they are in it, I dont watch the games, just read about them in the paper.

davparlr said:
American football is an intensly complex game to play well(have you ever seen a professional playbook?) and maximum physical violence (except for boxing). It is kind of like playing chess with tanks. It is very close to putting warfare into a physical game (chess is also like warfare on a board game).

I know I am argueing the same thing. I used to play American Football in Highschool. Dislocated my shoulder really bad and had to have surgery to reconstruct it.

davparlr said:
The problem with soccer is that I can always predict the score, 1-0. And they have that cheesy tie-breaker (pro football has one too) where after an hour of intense play they shoot free throws until someone misses (kicking into the goal). Come on, they can do better than that.

Its not about the score, its about the strategy and team playing style and how they play together. The score does not have to be high for a game to be exciting.

Basically in order to like soccer (football) you have to have an attention span of more than 3 seconds (which is all that is needed in most sports).

davparlr said:
Baseball is boring in general

Agreed

Chief said:
:infinity::wav::infinity: Hello once again everybody to Sunday Night Football for our Hall of Fame game. Where the Oakland Raiders take on the Philadelphia Eagles.

All right guys the Preseason has arrived.
What are your predictions for today's game?
Who's gonna a win the Raiders or the Eagles and by how much?
Tip: Remember Second Strings are playing.

Who cares its preseason.

Why make predictions on it?

And the end result all in all a good Game. However there must be an end as the Raiders pull out front 16-10 .

Stay tuned for more games are to come on ww2aircraft.net

I only read the first few posts on this thread and i am still chuckling at Les's comment about Rugby hehehe!!! you are a kidder Les (aren't you???!!).

Im a big 'footie' fan (english football this is), I go to as many home games (of my fave team) as possible (most) and either watch their away games on stream (online) sometimes, or more often listen to them on the radio. So yup I am ready for some football!!!

Anyone else on here follow english footie? which team do you support?

to all others....... dont bother having a dig at english footie on my account, you would be wasting your time and energy, i would only ignore it anyway (except for Les, he knows I love his digs :rolleyes: :cry: :evil: :rolleyes: ).

Footie as you call it is cool..

I am a FC Bayern Munich fan. Have been since birth and allways will be.

American football is still my favorite sport though, followed by Football (soccer) and then Hockey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back