As a true MOPAR fan......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I will get some more shots of it once we have done more to it, I think there are a few shots of it on my photo thread. Not sure, I'll have to check. And Syscom, 383s were nothing to laugh at. The GTO sounds like it was a blast though! Found the photos, Brooks' photos Thread, page 108, post 1608.:)

Last edited:
Well, it's not a Hemi :)lol:) but, I wouldn't mind this 1964 Dodge Max Wedge 330.....also, yellow engine!?
8)

Attachments

• p39969_large+1964_Dodge_330+Front_View.jpg
    p39969_large+1964_Dodge_330+Front_View.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 116
  • p39971_large+1964_Dodge_330+Engine_Bay_Side_View.jpg
    p39971_large+1964_Dodge_330+Engine_Bay_Side_View.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 80
Most folks don't realize that the standard production 426 cubic inch hemi off the line felt like a 318 cubic inch 2 barrel off the line and that a (413,426,maxwedge), or a properly tuned 440 or 383 could easily take a hemi. The 440 Six Pak could and did flat out smoke the hemi for they made horse power from the time you smacked the pedal until you let out of it. A hemi doesn't start making horsepower until about 4,000 rpm, but once it reached that rpm you better have your S#I! together cause started huntin for a ditch soon after. The sad part was, once they started making power they ran out of oil. The oil pan held only four quarts, five with filter. If you put a larger oil pan on them, say a 7 or 8 quart pan they would live a lot longer.
Jan, the engine looks yellow because of the camera flash. I love those cars because they were so unassuming. :)

Jan, I love those car because they looked so unassuming. That and they sounded brutal.:) Here is what the 69' Super Bee looks like at the moment. It had been raced since new, I don't know how long it has been retired but it's only got 9,000 original miles on it. The owner wants us to show it disassembled for the summer so it won't be finished for a while but we are also working on a 70 GTX 440 Six Pak that should be done before the summer.
IMG_1179 Super Bee resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1181 Super Bee resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1183 Super Bee resized 25 legal.jpg

It's not as far along as the Bee is. Sorry.:oops: We are suppose to shoot the interior this week though. I will get some shots as soon as we get that far. :)

Don't know if I've mentioned this....I had the privilege of painting the covers for 426 Hemi once, one my mates at my old work in Sweden, his pal was racing a '68 Barracuda with a Hemi. Remember when I first saw them, they're f*cking H-U-G-E!! :shock: :lol:
It really looked like a tight fit in that car! 8)

Yes, the Hemi Valve covers are HUGE! There's no mistaking them for anything else!

I had a '64 Valiant with a 225 cubic inch slant 6 engine!:rolleyes:

Actually, I loved that little car and that engine was rock solid. Also, Chrysler's torqueflight was also rock solid (my Valiant was a 3-speed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back