Assistance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Joy

Recruit
Aug 22, 2012
Unfortunately, my father passed away four months ago and was a big WWll buff. I have many pictures and books that I need to find good homes for but do not know the value. Anyone who could assist me with this would be great. I am also new to forums and will need help getting the pictures appropriately posted. Thanks in advance for any help that is out there and looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi joy. Sorry to hear of your loss, but I think you will find some assistance here. Be aware that direct advertising/sales are not allowed here on the forum, but there is no harm posting a list and/or photographs, when any negotiations can then be done by 'PM' (Private Message).
To post photos here, it's better and easier to upload direct from your computer files.
First, you will need to re-size any photos to no larger than 800 x 600 pixels, doing this on your computer. (If you don't have a photo-editing system, then you can download 'Irfanview' free, which is quick and easy to use - it must be, as I can use it!)
Then, use the 'Go Advanced' button at the bottom right of the screen. This will open a new page, where you can then select to post images. Select each image (from your computer folder) individually and then, when you have them all listed in the box, click on 'Upload Images'. A blue bar will start to scroll across the bottom of the box, until all are uploaded, then they will appear as 'thumbnails' in the box below this. If they are not in the required order, drag them around until they appear as you want them, then click on 'Done'.
Once you've done that, and you're happy with your post, just click the 'Submit Post' button, and that's it.
Hope this helps.

With all Joy - sorry for your loss.

Would agree with Chris (Der adler), but if you do decide to pass them on, then the guys have given good advice.

Evan

My condolences to you and your family, my father (a WW2 vet), passed reciently also.
Your local VFW might be able to help in placing items, but if you will post a list of titles, I'm sure we will be able to help out.

Thank you all for your promptness, assistance and thoughts. Unfortunately, I need to sell as many as possible to assist my mom-no insurance! long story-anyway, did keep his favorite, which was a P40 fighter! He is probably flying one now! :) Also, what is Benevolens Magister?

Thank you all for your promptness, assistance and thoughts. Unfortunately, I need to sell as many as possible to assist my mom-no insurance! long story-anyway, did keep his favorite, which was a P40 fighter! He is probably flying one now! :) Also, what is Benevolens Magister?
Learned teacher (loosely) in latin, but in "American" it means "Smart-feller"

Its a title given to very few here on the forum and listed under their Username - like mine is "Pop-Tart Whisperer".

Sorry for your loss and I hope your mom gets through this rough patch. Those suggestions should help in some way.

Sorry for your loss. I agree that you should keep the pictures as momentos, although it might not seem like a good idea now, in the long run you'll be remembering your father.

If you happened to have any info./books/pics on the He-162 or Old Yugoslavian stuff. I would be interested in some of the material, depending on if i own stuff or not, but thats if your interested in selling, and if I were in your position I would take a month or two to think things over before definatley making sure you would be interested to sell. There are a lot of members on the forum who would definatley be interested in WW2 material. :) but I think you should take a break before talking business, there are a lot of factors influencing your decision atm, that might make you think twice later on.

Regards and Condolences,

Igor

P.S.

Theres always more value in memories that are associated with your loved one, than cold hard cash from a world afar.

Last edited:
I am going to remind everyone again, this forum does not allow direct advertising and selling.

What you do in PM's and emails is up to you, but not here in the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back