August 21,1968-the end of Prague Spring (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

But I was really waken up from the letargy when I saw some Russian tourists, being photographed in front of the tank by their fellow and posing very victoriously. From an angle so the Prague Castle could be seen on the picture...

hey do ya really think Russians are kind of proud of that events or they see it as their victory or something? Those guys were some ordinary tourists who probably had not a clue what happened there 40 years ago and just wanted to take a good shot.

Great post Roman! Thanks for doing it so comprehensively. Every other year, it was me who was putting up the anniversary here. I'm glad I have a reliable successeor. But the main reason was that my PC got f***ed up...

I was getting through the anniversary very extensively this year, I had watched the special programs on the Czech TV and studied books and articles that were written about this theme.

Brother of my mother-in-law was one among those several hundred victims that the Russians left behind when they had entered this country...

The more I was digusţed, when I attended a "performance" (I don't know how to describe this better!) in front of the National Museum in Prague (situated on Prague's main boulevard, it was mistaken for a Czechoslovakian Parliament by the Soviets, hence they opened fire on it). So, there was a Russian T-54 type tank installed, with its gun pointed at the museum building, with five guys sitting on it, dressed like Soviet soldiers. Czech! people walking around were placing their own kids on the tank and were taking photos of them, smiling, like it would be some ****ing attraction or something...

But I was really waken up from the letargy when I saw some Russian tourists, being photographed in front of the tank by their fellow and posing very victoriously. From an angle so the Prague Castle could be seen on the picture...

Well, Cold War II has just started.

how is described a victorious posing ?

SuperStock_1487R-58474.jpg

thats a result i foung in google. why should they was posing victoriously, since that same repression that happened in prague was the same that they suffered in russia ?

btw, prague is a beautifull metropolis, congrats, i thing one of the jewels of europe !

Wenceslas_Square.jpg

hey do ya really think Russians are kind of proud of that events or they see it as their victory or something? Those guys were some ordinary tourists who probably had not a clue what happened there 40 years ago and just wanted to take a good shot.
Not really. They had very good clue. I'm not saying all of Ruskoje malchiki are like that though - I have some really good friends in Poccia. ;)

i think he means the wife of his grampa.
Nope. My better half's mother.

how is described a victorious posing ?[/IMG]
It was something like this:
thumb_IMG_0532.JPG

Don't take me wrong, I'm not paranoiac, they were very well aware of what the whole damn thing is about. And yes, they were Russians.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Woh did I miss something here? Are you married now?

If I missed this before, I truely apologize!!! Congratulations my friend
Keine Sorge, my friend, you DID NOT MISS ANYTHING, because I did not post any info about it. :)

Not really. They had very good clue.

Then read this:

В канун 40-й годовщины ввода войск стран – участниц Варшавского договора на территорию Чехословакии Фонд «Общественное мнение» (ФОМ) провел опрос россиян, чтобы выяснить их осведомленность о тех драматических событиях. Результаты исследования плачевны: треть респондентов заявили экспертам ФОМ, что впервые от них об этом слышат. А среди тех, кто знает, чем ознаменовался август 68-го, немало давших точно такие оценки, которыми пестрели в те дни страницы советских газет. Эксперты ФОМ обращают внимание на то, что даже среди современников оккупации братской страны каждый шестой признался в полном неведении о танках на улицах Праги.

В 2 часа ночи 21 августа 1968 года на аэродроме «Рузине» под Прагой высадились части советской 7-й воздушно-десантной дивизии. В течение дня войска стран Варшавского договора заняли основные объекты на территории Чехословакии. Целью операции была смена политического руководства страны и установление в ней лояльного СССР режима. Эти события не только за рубежом, но и у нас многие назвали позорными.

«Танки идут по Праге /в закатной крови рассвета. /Танки идут по правде, которая не газета... /Чем же мне жить, как прежде, /если, как будто рубанки, /танки идут по надежде, /что это – родные танки?» – написал в августе 68-го Евгений Евтушенко. Дать принципиально иную, чем тогда, оценку этим событиям, российские власти так и не удосужились. Вот, вероятно, главная причина весьма неожиданных ответов наших сограждан на вопросы ФОМ, приуроченные к 40-летию оккупации ЧССР.

Так, 34% заявили, что впервые слышат о вводе советских войск в Чехословакию. Полную неосведомленность проявили 58% респондентов в возрасте до 35 лет. Если это и объяснимо их молодостью, то не может не удивлять, что среди людей старше 55 лет каждый шестой впервые услышал о событиях, современником которых был, от интервьюера ФОМ. Эксперты предполагают, что информация, скорее всего, полностью выветрилась из памяти этих респондентов, поскольку они считают ее несущественной.

Около трети опрошенных, по их словам, «что-то знают» о вторжении в Чехословакию, столько же – «что-то слышали» об этом. Им был задан дополнительный вопрос о причинах ввода войск – и половина из них ничего конкретного сказать по данному поводу не смогли. Чаще всего звучали ответы: «политические дела», «опять что-то не поделили», «такая сложилась ситуация».

Taken from "Novye Izvestia" of 18th August 2008:

/ " , ...". 1968

Shall I translate it or you get along with an automatic translator?

sad pictures Seesul. That's the part of our common history which should never be repeated.

their prowestern goverment wants. About 60% of Ukrainans are against it.
And military confrontation with Ukraine is something beyond any imagination. That's virtually impossible.

Don´t worry Ramirezzz, my friend. I absolutely have no problems with people and never divide them according their origin or nation. I have friends all over the world...
The only people I don´t like are the people with neonazi, communists, terrorists,racist or violent thoughts...

Also you don´t have any fault on events that happened 40 years ago...

And hope you´re right with virtually impossible attack on Ukraine....

Roman as a Czech citizen, what is your opinion on the matter of the Nuclear Missile Defence system? I think it would be great to hear the opinions of the people from these countries.

I think I will start a thread as well...

Good question Kris, I have expected it one day:)
Well, me personally, I don´t have a problem with radar. The problem is the lack of information. Our goverment makes a big mistake with an information system which caused that most of the people don´t want to have this radar here.
USA and our goverment says this thing is against Iran and Russia says it will be able to scan also their territory...where´s the true know only USA.
So, again, should it really be agaist Iran as oficially declared, I don´t have any reason to be against it...
I´m very sorry that USA and Russia didn´t find a common word so far...
One thing is sure, if we want to be a part of Allies, we also have to invest something into common defence system...Our investment in this case is, that this radar would be the target # 1 in case of missile war...

Good question Kris, I have expected it one day:)
Well, me personally, I don´t have a problem with radar. The problem is the lack of information. Our goverment makes a big mistake with an information system which caused that most of the people don´t want to have this radar here.
USA and our goverment says this thing is against Iran and Russia says it will be able to scan also their territory...where´s the true know only USA.
So, again, should it really be agaist Iran as oficially declared, I don´t have any reason to be against it...
I´m very sorry that USA and Russia didn´t find a common word so far...
One thing is sure, if we want to be a part of Allies, we also have to invest something into common defence system...Our investment in this case is, that this radar would be the target # 1 in case of missile war...

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I really do like your opinion on people as well, and I really try and have the same thoughts as well.

Then read this:

В канун 40-й годовщины ввода войск стран – участниц Варшавского договора на территорию Чехословакии Фонд «Общественное мнение» (ФОМ) провел опрос россиян, чтобы выяснить их осведомленность о тех драматических событиях. Результаты исследования плачевны: треть респондентов заявили экспертам ФОМ, что впервые от них об этом слышат. А среди тех, кто знает, чем ознаменовался август 68-го, немало давших точно такие оценки, которыми пестрели в те дни страницы советских газет. Эксперты ФОМ обращают внимание на то, что даже среди современников оккупации братской страны каждый шестой признался в полном неведении о танках на улицах Праги.

В 2 часа ночи 21 августа 1968 года на аэродроме «Рузине» под Прагой высадились части советской 7-й воздушно-десантной дивизии. В течение дня войска стран Варшавского договора заняли основные объекты на территории Чехословакии. Целью операции была смена политического руководства страны и установление в ней лояльного СССР режима. Эти события не только за рубежом, но и у нас многие назвали позорными.

«Танки идут по Праге /в закатной крови рассвета. /Танки идут по правде, которая не газета... /Чем же мне жить, как прежде, /если, как будто рубанки, /танки идут по надежде, /что это – родные танки?» – написал в августе 68-го Евгений Евтушенко. Дать принципиально иную, чем тогда, оценку этим событиям, российские власти так и не удосужились. Вот, вероятно, главная причина весьма неожиданных ответов наших сограждан на вопросы ФОМ, приуроченные к 40-летию оккупации ЧССР.

Так, 34% заявили, что впервые слышат о вводе советских войск в Чехословакию. Полную неосведомленность проявили 58% респондентов в возрасте до 35 лет. Если это и объяснимо их молодостью, то не может не удивлять, что среди людей старше 55 лет каждый шестой впервые услышал о событиях, современником которых был, от интервьюера ФОМ. Эксперты предполагают, что информация, скорее всего, полностью выветрилась из памяти этих респондентов, поскольку они считают ее несущественной.

Около трети опрошенных, по их словам, «что-то знают» о вторжении в Чехословакию, столько же – «что-то слышали» об этом. Им был задан дополнительный вопрос о причинах ввода войск – и половина из них ничего конкретного сказать по данному поводу не смогли. Чаще всего звучали ответы: «политические дела», «опять что-то не поделили», «такая сложилась ситуация».

Taken from "Novye Izvestia" of 18th August 2008:

/ " , ...". 1968

Shall I translate it or you get along with an automatic translator?
Sorry, I don't read very well Russian. Romans, as an older pupil, probably manages somehow, but I already didn't have to study Russian in school. And I agree 100% with Roman's definition about sorting people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back